[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Our home and native land!

Our home and native land!

Off topic

Re: Our home and native land!

Postby INNIT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:13 pm

INNIT

Postby gustavobradley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:35 pm

idk if the exchange to the haven dollar is much better though

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby Thomnd » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 am

VOTE

Thomnd

Postby thecanadiancook » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:32 pm

So how about that Canadian election there eh?

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby Yoder » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 pm

I've learned a lot about canadian politics and geography tonight.

Yoder

Postby Thomnd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:28 am

Well that was interesting

Thomnd

Postby INNIT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:44 am

so is weed legal now or what ????

INNIT

Postby pheaj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:48 am

☭ ~~ One step closer to the fall of the bourgeois ~~ ☭ but damn there were some close ridings in BC +/- a few hundred ppl

pheaj

Postby gustavobradley » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 am

Between the liberals and the hotline bling video, it was a pretty good day to be a Canadian yesterday

gustavobradley

Postby trichomatic » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:21 am

trichomatic

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Montréal is one of the cities I'm considering moving to in the next 1 to 3 years, and I was wondering if anyone can weigh in on how it is to live there? edit: i live in america

I've done a little looking around the city-data forums to start and it seems great. I'm interested in other francophone Canadian cities as well. That is one of the big reasons why Montréal interests me.

Also curious about Vancouver, fake canada, Ottawa but haven't begun researching any of those beyond reading Scott Pilgrim a while back.

yoyobeat

Postby exprof » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:20 pm

@yoyobeat what are your goals in moving to montreal? are you fluent (both written/conversational)? those are probably the two most important questions

exprof

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 am

I took college history courses in French when studying abroad in France for a semester and am not bad conversationally. But, I haven't kept up with it really, and wouldn't have used 'fluent' to describe myself at my best. At this point I'd need to spend a good amount of time practicing/reading/listening to catch up.

A main goal in why I am considering francophone Canada is to finally get fluent and be in a place where I can actually use French that isn't way across the ocean from friends and family. I love languages and French happens to be one besides English that I know best. I can talk about everyday things in French that I would find completely stupid and boring in English, but be fascinated because of the way the language sounds and the challenge of putting together my thoughts. I understand that my view on this would probably change upon achieving fluency but that's fine.

The Canadian cities are possibilities among a larger set of cities in North America that I'd consider moving. I have been where I am for a while now and will be ready to move sometime soonish just to experience living in a new place again and keep personally growing.

Although not a goal, in the longterm I am possibly interested in future in building a life with someone who speaks French, and having bilingual kids, so it makes sense to me to at least explore living in a place where I might meet someone like that.

yoyobeat

Postby trichomatic » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:03 pm

If you got Italian blood, there may be work for you in fake canada.

trichomatic

Postby ramseames » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 am

found out today from an ad before my movie that nike.com now ships to canada (!)

good times

ramseames

Postby gustavobradley » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:27 pm

it still hasn't meaningfully snowed or gotten really cold in edmonton

not mad, just concerned

gustavobradley

Postby INNIT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:43 am

INNIT

Postby Thomnd » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 am

Thomnd

Postby Benson » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 am

Benson

Postby INNIT » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 am

ppl in van r friendly as fuck imo

INNIT

Postby gustavobradley » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:57 pm

edmonton meetup when (even though i think there's like 3 of us max)

gustavobradley

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed May 04, 2016 12:08 am

Fort McMurray is on fire and the whole town has been evacuated. Hope everyone and their families are safe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/live-bl ... -1.3565398

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby ramseames » Thu May 05, 2016 4:12 am

zero deaths at this point, which is no small thing

its been a couple years since I was last there. never spent much time in town really, but its funny how something like this makes you miss it

not a place i could live but I appreciate what it did for me

ramseames

Postby trichomatic » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Uniqlo and Nordstroms opening up later this year. Unfortunately for the non toronno cats, afaik all 2 uniqlos will be in fake canada along with 4 Nordstroms, i think 1 Nordstroms is in Ottawa for the 1 person on this board who might be there. No clue about Uniqlo online store tho. Nordstroms seems pretty similar to Holts but more brands? Not sure if it will differ from American Nordstroms.

I think a Simons from Quebec opened up somewhere around here recently, saw some ads but haven't been because its in Mississauga. Saks also at Eaton's soon.

All these higher end department stores opening up around here, but the only thing I kind of care about is qlo. Qlo will probably be busy as hell tho.

trichomatic

Postby ramseames » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Nordstrom and Simons opened up in van last year

Uniqlo has a pattern of opening multiple stores within the same metropolitan area before they expand to a whole new city so putting both in fake canada would make sense.

Muji is the only thing I'm really bummed we don't have yet

ramseames

Postby wumbo17412 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Muji has 2 stores in Canada, one in Square One Mall in Mississauga and one downtown fake canada, the fake canada one's been open for like 18 months I think. Not sure about online shopping if you're not in the GTA though.

wumbo17412

Postby exprof » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Simons has amazing end of season sales, junya stuff regularly hits 99$ and stuff.

exprof

Postby trichomatic » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:33 pm

have yet to hit up simons, but ive heard only good things from ppl i know from mtl.
muji online store is the american one so shipping is steep (35 usd), willing to proxy for fellow canucks.
not sure if uniqlo canadian online shop will open with the new stores in a few months, if not i'm also willing to proxy for the other canucks.

trichomatic

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:26 pm

https://twitter.com/reigningchamp/statu ... 2041250817

tdot people it looks like you're getting their first store outside van

ramseames

Postby riley » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:06 am

hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

riley

PreviousNext

Return to Care