[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Moncler Grenoble F/W14

Moncler Grenoble F/W14

Runway & Lookbooks

Moncler Grenoble F/W14

Postby can- » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm

can-

Re: Moncler Grenoble F/W14

Postby can- » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:32 pm

i've always been a huge fan of moncler's styling and the grid presentations of grenoble shows, the last 2 presentations are both really cool and worth checking out. love the theatrics, love the stocky moncler shapes, you can really see what moncler's doing with that $$$

the choir is extremely corny but hard to say how i'd feel if i hadn't already seen it.

can-

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Who is the Moncler man? How much of this makes it to production? I dig a lot of the clothing and the presentation of the show itself (especially the detail in the chorus's uniforms, were those also Moncler?), but I know next to nothing about the space they occupy in the industry other than a perception of them as extreme luxury meets ski slopes. What am I missing? I have so many questions

And why is "so many" correcting to three?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby ramseames » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 pm

was in moncler yesterday actually. A lot of grenoble gets produced, think the only line moncler does where significant portions don't make it past the runway is GB and even then they had more of it than I expected, considering the size of the market for $4k quilted down blazers and such. I don't really think there's a specific moncler man in the sense that there are for some brands but I would say there are 2 types of moncler customer; nouveau riche chinese middle-upper class who'll outfit their whole family in them, see these groups everywhere here in jpy, and then european/americans vacationing in france/italy/switzerland/etc and buying them at one of their ski resort boutiques. Really its anyone making 1% money that's comfortable with relatively conspicuous consumption and needs a warm coat. The amount of actual skiing the average jacket they make sees is probably super minimal but that's obviously totally besides the point.

ramseames

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:39 pm

this is really cool. i wish i could spend some money so that i could look more stylish while skiing, but i guess boots and skis take priority

Stingray Sam

Postby can- » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 pm

moncler transcends demographics so it's kind've hard to give it a singular identity. i see a lot of 30-40year olds in moncler who i assume have decent taste and plenty of cash and want something nice without thinking very hard about it.

this is last year's show

the pieces themselves don't really blow you away (same w this year) but the styling and presentation are impeccable and represent the clothes well-- they are both high quality/budget, in very good taste, simple but impeccably designed

moncler models always look like aliens or superhumans

can-

Return to Seasonal Collections