[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Christopher Raeburn S/S15

Christopher Raeburn S/S15

Runway & Lookbooks

Christopher Raeburn S/S15

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Syeknom

Re: Christopher Raeburn S/S15

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Print game at the start is exceptional and the grey trou that feature throughout are just perfect. Love the repurposed flight-suits here too. Floral prints seemed a bit random but the shade makes one imagine a form of desert camouflage, quite fitting.

Syeknom

Postby bhajz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Some of the pants seem reminiscent of previous seasons, such as the sweat pants with tiny bit of contrast at the cuff, but with the added paneling, which looks quite nice; the pooling of the pants in some looks is also spectacular. High socks with shorts is definitely something i could get behind. Last two jackets are crazy, i wonder if those will be produced?

Absolutely loved the colors of some looks

bhajz

Postby can- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:14 pm

so lunarcorr

can-

Postby maj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Material usage especially torwards the later half reminds me a lot of his earlier shows, he had the mesh the last too seasons but that sheer muslin type stuff on the pilot jacket and hoody is unreal and another shot at getting his clear coats from the first two seasons, done better. This combined with the looser necklines creates for some great ~modern and trendy~ looks as well as fitting in with a lot of the other London designers.

Staple pieces are all their from other seasons but he's added that asym pocket which I'm not sure if I prefer or am indifferent torwards, he's also redone the grosgrain trim on the bombers which is a vast improvement and brings it in line with the other outwear.

All the rebuild stuff looks great, berry much pieces together, frankengarment look to it opposed to the usual panel replacement he usually does but I have to say it looks fantastic, shorts and what I hope to be jump suit (on me phone) is amaze

Honestly my favourite collections, much better than aw and hope to get on those plane shorts and some other stuff. Whole plane suit blows the lizard from last season well out of the water with the introduction of the slit tier neckline.

maj

Postby CleanThug » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Some of this stuff reminds me of final home, the transparent stuff is interesting.

White outerwear crew is out here

CleanThug

Postby stappard_ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Absoutely love the rounded-rectangle motif used for pockets/kneepads etc throughout. Really clean little detail that fits my aesthetic eye perfectly.

Actually not as keen on the repurposed/flightsuit stuff towards the end, though the shorts/jacket combination in the last photo are certainly a spectacular coup de grace

Agreed that the florals are slightly out of place but in the context of the airman theme later on then maybe then fit slightly less uneasily.

These trousers were my highlight though

stappard_

Postby CleanThug » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:36 am

really dislike those plane graphics. it feels like he's forcing the idea too much, just throwing it in our faces when it's obvious if you take a look at the clothing. lazy I guess is what it is

agreeing w/ some of the others in this thread on the trousers, great stuff there

really liked the second half of this show, colors and materials just seem so on point

edit: fixed just for you, (smiling)

CleanThug

Postby maj » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 am

raeburn has been running with literal prints for the last three seasons, maps, polar bears, lizards and smears experimented with it back in ss12 with the squirrel prints. the whimsical nature of it i rather enjoy personally. the leather and mesh card print cards are like the ones you'd collect from the post office of your favourite players but in this case planes, alternatively more sinister ww2 death cards, or playing cards which every good officer or private carries. the all over suit and anatomical feels like the images i got with airfix of planes you hung on your ceiling as you were told all these cool stories about them again all linking into that whimsical, nankid boyscout feel. the tshirt does feel a bit UO but i guess it works with the colour blocking on the other garments.

maj

Postby CleanThug » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 am

I don't know if it's fair to group the planes in w/ the lizards + some of the other designs you mentioned. Most of the designs you mentioned were pretty subtle while the planes just feel "in your face" as I said.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion tho

CleanThug

Postby maj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

maj

Postby bels » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:36 pm

maj did you tell mr raeburn about CT

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:35 pm