Rick Owens Men's S/S16

Runway & Lookbooks

Re: Jerome Owens Men's S/S16

Postby pk! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Any pictures of Jera after being punched by Ricky?

(Also a lot of this collection felt like a toned down Faun with a different palette. Not that it's bad, we just see a lot of the geometric leather to fabric tops and exaggerated, folded tops over shorts and high boots. Except the lack of cool embroidery pieces.)

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby Capt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:37 pm

It's nice to see quite a few new shapes coming from RO. He's been moving to more rigid fabrics to create his architectural look, and I like how he used softer fabrics with the boxier shapes to give more flow. I think the thing I like the most is that it actually looks like things you can wear in the summer. A lot of designers seem to embrace spring while summer gets neglected.

The footwear seems really weak unfortunately.

Capt

Postby une_impasse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm

“Owens titled it ‘Cyclops’ and talked about anal prolapse when discussing the circular prints (in retrospect, the bubbling, odd volume of certain pieces, in a shiny scarlet coated canvas, had an intestinal feel to them also). That’s Owens being a bit teenage – he himself dubbed the portholes that flashed his models penises last season “puerile,” and there’s the feel of a naughty schoolboy when he deadpans stuff backstage about sodomy and masturbation to explain clothes that other designers would attach hifalutin intellectualism to.”

une_impasse

Return to Seasonal Collections