[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - GD

GD

Runway & Lookbooks

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby drawes » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 am

This might be my least favorite Ervell season. The cool, sportsy jizz is gone for me.

drawes

Re: GD

Postby germinal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:09 pm

yeah it was mostly forgettably but the first few jackets are pretty good realisations of that patagonia style fleece

this look

reminded me of this (side by side the similarities aren't as strong as i'd thought), which made me kind of sad because 2009-2010 ervell was strong as hell

thom browne was cool but lacked some of the creepiness and campness that i look for in his women's

still a bazillion times better than the rest of nyfw

germinal
Garminlad

Postby starfox64 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 pm

OH MY GOD

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Not really worth posting Jeremy Scott but i actually quite like these graphics
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/revie ... RTW-JSCOTT

Proenza Schouler had some cool bits but i'm bored of the super structured arms, nipped in waist thing that's everywhere
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/revie ... -PSCHOULER

Lacoste was cool, i dig that they do a show
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/revie ... TW-LACOSTE

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sknss » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Why is Lacoste showing in NYC and not Paris?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby prawnzee » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:41 pm

this is all I've seen of Dana Lee S/S 2014, I guess more should be released soonish. looks like the stuff she has been doing from the start, nothing too divergent. personally I'm still interested in getting a waffle jacket, the new color looks nice. anyone have any more pics?

prawnzee

Postby germinal » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Well it's only bloody

Tokyo Fashion Week

germinal
Garminlad

Postby rublev » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Damn some of that Facetasm stuff is v cool.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby germinal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby maj » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:22 pm

is it just my biased leaning or are london based designers absalutely dominating the scene right now, younger designers are also gaining traction at what seems to be a faster pace as well as being more of them.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Feels like London's been gaining a lot of steam these last few years. Reckon being a "lesser" show city - though still important - gives designers and organisers more freedom away from the star studded lineups of Paris or Milan. Lot of young talent bursting from the UK too.

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 pm

London has a great support network in place with newgen, man, fashion east etc. it means that new labels can feasibly have half a dozen seasons worth of bfc funding to establish themselves. This doesnt really exist in milan, where, thanks to the more fragile italian economy, designers are seeking out an older, more conservative customer to pay the bills. This isnt really a viable longterm strategy though because it only serves to give the labels a stodgy image. It's telling that Burberry have moved to london - Bailey has built the brand on a young, sexy image, something milan can no longer provide. "London" - the idea, the brand - is super popular in the (lucrative) middle and far east markets right now - it's no coincidence that burb are doing london streetmap prints this season, and have been trading on london stereotypes for a few seasons.

It also helps that london menswear is shown separately from the women's (something the increasingly bloated nyfw needs to replicate) and is shown first in the schedule. The early scheduling means that audiences arent suffering from fatigue and overexposure, their ideas seem fresher, and crucially their products are the first in stores. It's june and the christophers' stock is trickling in already. I bet many casual consumers arent going to wait four months for the third rick owens delivery to arrive - they buy the first cool jacket they try on.

And finally, like syeknom says paris suffers from its own reputation. Its position as the creme de la creme means it's harder for newer brands to infiltrate.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 pm

was reading somewhere on sufu that lux-sportswear is reaching critical mass, especially out of london. do yall agree?

JonjoShelvey

Postby rublev » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:30 am

London is great etc, and it's important, but I find it really easy to dislike as a scene. Is that just me?

Maybe it's just cos every time i'm there they put my Scottish money under one of those scanners :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:31 am

Anyway, here's some stuff from the Antwerp academy show that finished at the weekend.

Lina Rosquist

Flora Seierl

Raffaela Graspointner (remember seeing her stuff last year and it looked incredible... this is just as good)

Kristina Kharlashkina

Eran Shanny

Clara Jungman

:woop:

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CleanThug » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:27 pm

It's kind of overwhelming getting into shows when never seeing any before. Is it necessary to check out earlier shows and if so any resources lying around the interwebs?

CleanThug

Postby can- » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:53 am

someone post raf and rick I'm on a train

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:31 am

The hype train.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:10 am

Flowy summerweight long coats and trews with some sort of modified top block (splash of colour being a fav) seem to be all over these menswear collections.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:38 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/99339475[/vimeo]

Enjoyed the _Julius runway. He seems to be "maturing" for better or worse, if that's what we're going to call the clean lines look. He seems to suffer from the problem he had last s/s where there wasn't really anything interesting. F/W is a definite strong point to the collection, and s/s is a lot more boring. However, it seems very wearable. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I see people where this stuff with other brands like Dior.

Last edited by germinal on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed vimeo
Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby germinal » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 pm

stop posting your thoughts about a collection in rep comments

can-

Postby can- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Not ina position to post the collection atm but god damn, its crazy how good slp ss15 (and probsbly most slp collections) could be with the smallest amount of restraint. Im not going to presume to know what hedi is going for and any conversation about slp that doesnt begin with a nod to his massive talent bugs me, but man even just pulling half the jewelry could make the collection feel relevant for 2014

can-

Postby germinal » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:06 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:06 pm

I can't find a link, but I know the pics are somewhere in the SLP styleforum thread so I'll dredge them up later but what I wanted to bring up was that one year, Hedi threw (and photographed) an after party for all his models and I believe wrote about how it was his vision of youth culture and it was 100% white. Honestly sickening.

mc-lunar

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am

mc-lunar

Postby deadkitty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 am

really cool stuff in Joseph Turvey GIRLS

the rest are below

deadkitty

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Contrary to popular belief, there were actually some decent shows at NYFW, check 'them out:

Telfar
http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spri ... ar/telfar/
Sexy, positive clothing for the normcore kids.

Thom Browne
http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spri ... om-browne/
One of his most accomplished women's collection to date; this season Thom's '60s housewife has been plied with hallucinogens by her dodgy shrink and is tripping her way through a neighbourhood BBQ. Peep the hats.

Altuzarra
http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spri ... altuzarra/
A lot of designers at NYFW go for sexy-yet-wearable, but for my money, none does better than Joseph Altuzarra.

The Row
http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spri ... -wear/row/
A continuation of the previous season, Nadege's final season at The Row before moving to Hermes is solemn and meditative.

Rodarte
http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spri ... r/rodarte/
Flotsam, jetsam, army jackets.

Eckhaus Latta
http://nymag.com/thecut/fashion/shows/2 ... latta.html
Something about rust, something about nipples, something about triple tiered trainers

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 pm

The Thom Browne woman probably hasn't played much Fallout but she reminds me of tranquility lane

bels
Yung Winona

Postby breakadawn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 am

Didn't think it merited a new thread, so here's Ovadia & Sons SS15.

Very nice, clean cuts, a pretty good show overall. Loved the music choices.

breakadawn

PreviousNext

Return to Seasonal Collections