[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Robert Geller S/S14

Robert Geller S/S14

Runway & Lookbooks

Robert Geller S/S14

Postby can- » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am

can-

Re: Robert Geller S/S14

Postby can- » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 am

pretty disappointing after excellent FW13 show. i dunno about the hats especially with geller's really aggro glasses.

can-

Postby Syeknom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 am

Some good pieces in here and I like the muted palette and glasses. Quite like the hats with the specs and high socks, feels a bit La Résistance especially with some of the wider trou. Not a lot to get really excited about as a show but probably plenty of good pieces will come of it.

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 am

contrast front/back socks are the best bit

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Is this stuff really made for a new york summer?

bels
Yung Winona

Re: Robert Geller

Postby starfox64 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:25 am

is anything made for a new york summer?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:52 am

thomaspaine

Postby freddy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Is it me or is that virtually 80% of Geller's runway fits never make it to the boutiques? Or is the fancy stuff all in Japan or bought up many seasons ago? It's all tees, denim, flight pants, a jacket or two, and a parka for buys...

freddy

Postby maj » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 pm

think he said it on his interview with style forum about the people who buy it not really wanting to buy any other pieces than what you mentioned.

supply demand

maj

Postby germinal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby freddy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh right, yeah I was thinking about that interview too. It's a bummer for sure. Though, I just don't think Geller can fuck too much because his stuff is getting a bit pricey considering what you can get from the bigger fashion houses. $1.6k for a partial leather jacket?? I think he also said something about not being able to compete productionw-sie with namesakes like Dior. Lol Plus, most of his stuff is blended with some sort of poly/acrylic as well. The more I check out his pieces, the more I realize his made in Japan production isn't that great

Honestly, I just think the forum hype continues beyond its former glory days and that of idealizing defunct Cloak. And Cloak's quality wasn't even that good using NYC/American manufacturing. IIRC, they used Martin Greenfield to make some his runway jackets, but judging from the vest I got, eBay pictures, and whatnot, it looks very contrived and def pushing the limitations construction wise. Also I hear that he had difficulties trying to get the production to meet his quality expectations. Plokhov is leaps better in terms of fabric and construction being that it's made in Italy now, but unfortunately, from what I hear all over in person, it doesn't really seem like his shit is selling – or people are pretty settled in the Rick Ninja bandwagon to really be interested in the line. (I think Rick did some great stuff to warrant the hype, like in 08-09 amirite, shortly after Cloak went away) I'm also thinking the dudes who were crazy about Cloak back then (03-05?), would have a sizable wardrobe that also include a lot of Heidi era Dior Homme as well, which continues to be sought out after and respectable even today.. along with other coppage from other labels.

Last edited by freddy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
freddy

Postby freddy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 pm

freddy

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 pm

thomaspaine

Postby freddy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 pm

freddy

Return to Seasonal Collections