[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Yohji Yamamoto RTW SS2015

Yohji Yamamoto RTW SS2015

Runway & Lookbooks

Yohji Yamamoto RTW SS2015

Postby qalandar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 pm

qalandar

Re: Yohji Yamamoto RTW SS2015

Postby qalandar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:24 pm

qalandar

Postby une_impasse » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:52 am

I really liked this show because it seems like Yohji wanted to make a very "sexy" collection, and that is usually not a word I would think would best describe any of his collections, and it's an adjective he typically resists. Nevertheless, there's something incredibly erotic about the first look, which is really just a tangle of slips, as well as the two long coat looks with a peak of a bandeau or a hot pant, something I'd also never associate with Yohji. He's taken subtle slips of a shoulder or a strategic zipper and made things loaded with sexual energy that is far more interesting than the overtness of a Versace or Roberto Cavalli.

I'm still a little puzzled by that final look, I want it to be a kind of sheltered virginity thing but I'm probably over thinking it.

une_impasse

Postby station » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:35 am

Yeah, Yohji definitely went for sexy. He said in an inteview: “Simply, I wanted to break this taboo (that he can't do sexy) from a long time ago. This time I wanted to play with flower gardens, because sexuality and flowers’ beauty for me are the same… Flowers are not always beautiful; women are not always beautiful. It depends on the conditions." Its a pretty disheveled morning after look. IDK if I'm a massive fan cause I think he's really good at what he normally does and I feel like he did this just to prove people wrong. But, its definitely still really good and there's a lot to like.

As for the wedding dress, I think it might be overthinking it. Yohji has closed/put near the end a few shows before with a wedding dresses. Probably just kinda fun for him. He also did a show back in 99 of wedding dresses. Here's some examples from random shows:

station

Postby germinal » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:44 am

Haute couture shows traditionally close with a wedding dress; it's just another of his little references to the western convention

germinal
Garminlad

Postby qalandar » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:49 pm

qalandar

Postby une_impasse » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:14 am

you all are so informative and passionate it makes me feel #blessed to read anything and everything you share

une_impasse

Return to Seasonal Collections