[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - kanye x adidas originals

kanye x adidas originals

Runway & Lookbooks

kanye x adidas originals

Postby hooplah » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:20 pm

i.... i love it.

hooplah

Re: kanye x adidas originals

Postby une_impasse » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:15 pm

i think bernard wilhelm has some quote that says every designer and design house has a helmut lang piece hanging and they know when to copy it

but I'm not mad at it, i especially love the drop shoulder bomber and the moth-eaten sweaters

une_impasse

Postby bobo77 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 pm

I really like the duck boots in the lighter colors.

bobo77

Postby can- » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Wooly pully

can-

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 pm

video

[youtube]TEYaLzRDyIA#t=107[/youtube]

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby yubbermax » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Some of my faves:

yubbermax

Postby vgtbls » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 pm

things kanye likes:

stacks
flesh tones
drop shoulders
that red haired lady in game of thrones
moths
the matrix
long arms and longer sleeves
turns out everyone made this joke already fuck
collarbones

this list is also things that I like. snaps for ye

Last edited by vgtbls on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vgtbls

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:09 pm

man a lot of those sweatpants look so shit.

I like that anorak and the commando knits

some good longer coats/parkas too.

funny how much the low shoes resemble roshes:

anyone have any idea why like >50% of the female models aren't wearing pants?

ramseames

Postby finolino » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 am

, here's how i saw it

as i was browsing through ye's collection, one of the aspects i found most peculiar about it was not the clothes themselves but how ye chose to style them on the models. the male models here were given fully fledged, cohesive (for the most part) outfits to wear, yet all the female models basically serve as mannequins for one specific piece of clothing. in doing this, ye clearly associated different genders with different purposes in the show. the men are obviously the active ones meant to actually display the visions ye had while designing the collection, while the women are just kind of meant to be backdrops for one specific piece of clothing each; their purpose is mainly sedentary in comparison to their male counterparts. the full body tights the women were wearing, in stripping away their skin and making them seem even more mannequin-like, only added to that. for me at least, the gender inequality ye drew to light here was almost impossible to ignore.

the beauty of this collection lies in how ambiguous ye pulled that off, though; i.e. the exact statement he's making in doing that is completely up to the viewer. was he actually making a statement on gender inequality, just being blatantly sexist, or doing something entirely different? completely your call.

finolino

Postby bobo77 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 am

Here's Kim at the show wearing all Kanye x Adidas. Perhaps some more insight into how he actually wants it styled on women?

bobo77

Postby une_impasse » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 am

my first thought was that he just had fewer women's pieces and didn't want them to get lost in a look, both the men and women seem to be styled so that every piece is visible and available. he have have just created more "looks" for men and just pieces for women, hence why they are so sparsely distributed among the women (and why that one model basically just has bags). i could be wrong but I'm sure it's not unintentional because, you know, Kanye

une_impasse

Postby hooplah » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:34 am

I feel like he was just appreciating the shape of the female form as a silhouette in and of itself

hooplah

Postby finolino » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:39 am

so many different interpretations and it's barely been a few hours... this is why the collection, regardless of whether or not you liked it aesthetically, was an absolute success

finolino

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 am

RomanEmpire

Postby zxcvbn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 am

Man I had that exact same thought re:mannequinization and I don't know how I feel about it.

zxcvbn

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:42 am

Man this collection is fire. I honestly didn't expect Kanye to make this much clothing. The colors are muted but still great. Details looks great. I can't imagine it being less pricey than kanye x apc though :/ The boots looks cool, low yeezy's look great, atleast the melange grey ones. The duck boots actually look quite amazing, loving the darker color of them.

It's clear that Kanye made clothes for people who want to dress like himself, and I ain't even mad. I'd love to dress like him in military/baggy muted clothes without rocking Lanvin, Fear of God, Rick, Balmain and etc. I expected him to make some sort of biker jeans for this collection though. I hope it gets released around summer or winter so I got money for it. I'm gonna cop one of the bombers and sweats no matter what.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby stappard_ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 am

- A+ model choice
- Really liked the idea of female models doing one piece each (even if there's like no chance hes the first to do it)
- Definitely still in the Kanye visual wheelhouse - none of this would have been out of place even as far back as the 2007-2008 tours he did

stappard_

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:19 pm

so dystopian

i really like this, but i can't help but wonder if i'd feel the same if it didnt have kanye's name attached. i think i would

way better than kanye/APC cuz it's not just copies of other designers clothes kanye wears

JonjoShelvey

Postby aporea » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:30 pm

i actually think people would like it more if it didn't have kanye's name attached it it

aporea

Postby Chimpskibot » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:55 pm

This collection looks very incoherent. It seems to me he is drawing flintstone from too many designers and trying to sell the clothes he wears at a budget.

Getting money is easy...Keeping it is the hard part
Chimpskibot

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:44 am

idk i see a clear "luxury military" (any other runway designers that have explored this?? i would be very interested in that) through the whole collection

JonjoShelvey

Postby une_impasse » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:46 am

une_impasse

Postby blanket » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:47 am

not keen on this. feels like a collection of Things Kanye Thinks Are Cool rather than a collection Designed By Kanye

some things seem awfully familiar :(((

Helmut Lang AW94 and unknown season

MMM SS11 and SS09

The oversized bombers aren't super original (Raf, Helmut etc) either, but since bombers are now so common that is sort of excusable.

edit: Kanye would probably be ace as a stylist though!

blanket

Postby bels » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:18 am

How come people are so much more interested in having an opinion on this collection than all the other collections by actual designers.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby breakadawn » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:26 am

I hate being negative about fashion and I usually only do so when Hedi Slimane is under discussion, but I don't think there's any point in paying attention to Kanye West as a clothing designer until he is doing it full time (i.e. retired from music) or is designing under his own name. This collection with Adidas Originals was lazy, conceited and revolting to look at bar 4 or 5 outfits out of 50. Just like he's copied Ermanno Scervino, Julius and Rick Owens in the past, he;s take A LOT of flintstone from Helmut Lang, Margiela, Julius, and the Nike Roshe (weirdly) in this. I assume he'd be able to do a collection that wasn't lazy, but only if he devoted himself completely to it, so why bother doing this if you're supposed to be recording an album at the same time?

I actually like the Yeezy 750 Boosts, but a $350 price tag is insane. Before 'oh it's got Kanye's name on it' argument surfaces, Adidas has also collaborated with Raf Simons and Yohji Yamamoto a lot in recent years. Despite the fact that those are actual, famous designers that have made a serious impact, Y-3 Qasas and Ozweegos are in the same price bracket as the new Yeezys, won't double in resale value, and will even go on sale at the end of the season, even though they carry the names of extremely accomplished designers. I just don't understand the massive coverage on the new shoes and the adidas originals collaboration, I find it annoying that bad clothes are only getting attention because it's Kanye.

breakadawn

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:24 pm

JonjoShelvey

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Didn't you answer your own question by asking the question? "than all the other collections by actual designers"

Kanye isn't a "designer"... so why wouldn't it be more interesting to talk about? If raf simons did a rap album we'd be pretty busy talking about that moreso than Jay-Z's 20th studio album or Rick Owens' 65th runway show.

He's new to the scene, he's an up-and-comer, he's hugely culturally relevant across multiple facets of many of our lives (hip-hop bisects fashion in a big way, lots of us our involved/interested in both). Having an opinion on someone's normal career- ie Raf Simon's nth year at Dior, or Kanye's next album or single- isn't the same as witnessing someone that was already culturally relevant to you crossing into another field that's also culturally relevant to you.

Established designers may be diving into new territory with colors, materials, shapes, etc. but none of them are coming from wildly successful hip hop careers to try something completely different. And as far as I know, none of them have the cultural history/context similar to Kanye- outspoken, hated by many, "blundery" (for lack of a better adjective- he misspeaks to his own embarrassment/detriment often).

We're watching Kanye's "first steps" and that's always going to be a lot cooler to watch and be a part of than someone else's 10,000th step. We're not watching something organic, it's something that started out sort of forced, and is growing bigger and bigger.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby oucho » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 am

if this was a mid tier not-too-expensive collection it would be very cool, the stuff is interesting but wearable and I like the styling, as a high fashion presentation it's not that interesting. The thing is you know that it's all going to super expensive and I don't really want to wear something with kanye west's name on it just because, it's like a super irrelevant collection that is going to have a big impact, you can't escape or ignore Kanye, so best to just try and enjoy it?

it would be interesting to see what role he played in the design process, design teams play a much larger role in these things than they get credit for but I guess with people like Raf Simons you know that he started off making the collection himself and he laid the groundwork for his design team to build on each season

oucho

Postby tomsfood » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:46 pm

i like the new kanye west filter

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 am

"I’ve got my own petrified Rick Owens table in my house. Is that chic enough?"

one sentence later...

"I hate the concept of limited edition completely. I hate the concept of separatism. Elitism. Classism. We’re all equal."

Come on dude, then why do you own the Rick Owens table if you really hate these things. If you play the hypocrite deliberately then I guess that's OK, but otherwise it's hard to take the guy seriously.

Agree with about it being weird to wear something with Kanye West's name on it.

yoyobeat

Next

Return to Seasonal Collections