[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby ptozzi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 am

Anyone else wanna dress like a cartoon character? Slight variations of the same thing 7 days a week just seems so comfortable.

ptozzi

Postby omgimacarrot » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:25 am

omgimacarrot

Postby bels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:35 am

I've often said I want to dress like a cartoon character. I sort of do manage it to an extent these days. Mainly since I bought so many white long sleeve v necks.

Generally though I've always thought more about the geometry and flat colors than repeated colours.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ptozzi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 am

I really had it going on in the summer. A few various flat color shorts and plain tees. Most of the variation came from footwear. I didn't even realize I did it until I began reflecting on my winter wardrobe and why I was more satisfied with my wardrobe in the summer.

ptozzi

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 am

thomaspaine

Postby ptozzi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 am

ptozzi

Postby maj » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 am

been looking into raeburn, his use of 'recycled fabrics' and deconstructing old mil gear into something new is fantastic. being made in the uk is a significant bonus, if i had to liken it to something i'd say cabourns younger brother.

prices are on point too, not too crazy.

the stuffed animals each season are all made from cut offs to minimize waste, very cool.

maj

Postby bels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:47 am

Raeburn is cool. Someone make a mannequin synergy thread.

Uniforms do get Boring but I would like to overcome the boredom and just not care about it. Would save time in the morning

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I think there's some people who would feel comfortable with a small wardrobe that might have a few variations (different colored shirts/pants) but for the most part is very standard. It's something I've certainly considered, and I think it would require some planning ahead of time so you know exactly what you want your wardrobe to consist of. You'd be able to dress looking adequate every day.

On the other hand, I feel like doing so would limit ability to have any outfits that really stand out as "great". To be fair, I don't know that my definition of uniform is quite as strict as others, but even with a relaxed definition I still worry about becoming bored with my wardrobe.

I could definitely see myself doing it if I ever became bored with fashion, along the lines of "here's what my wardrobe for the next 2 years will be", and just update it periodically while not really growing it.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby hot coffee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Girlfriend and I got leather bracelets.

hot coffee

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 pm

I went to the mall today with my mom to get some gifts and realized we have a store that stocks wings and horn, rag+bone, gitman, and a lot more. It was great browsing the store and feeling some really interesting fabrics. Had a conversation with one of the employees for about 15 minutes about denim, fabrics etc; a first for me talking about clothes in the real world. He had a pair of G-Star denim that he wore for 2 years, no washes that looked incredible. I can't wait to go to San Fran in April to talk more clothes with store owners. If you're in the Cleveland or Columbus area I highly recommend Brigade Clothing.

omgimacarrot

Postby can- » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm

why are balenciaga arenas made w such crap leather

can-

Postby maj » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 pm

only thing people buy isn't it? mebswear side relatively speaking. the people who usually buy them won't give a crap what they feel like, high margin to fuel other more creative parts of the line.

maj

Postby can- » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:41 pm

just walked past Hiroki nakamura wearing his 30k sheepskin robe on bond st

sorry for terrible photo

can-

Postby RycePooding » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Part II of my brothers fashion blog:

RycePooding

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 am

Skirt is cool but are we not going to talk about that awesome shirt?

thomaspaine

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:02 am

I've been feeling kind of fed up with fashion lately. I spend too much time looking at expensive clothes that I can't afford (or am too frugal to actually purchase) and I keep running in to these scenarios where someone criticizes something in a way that they very well shouldn't. I mean at a certain point after you've learned how to properly execute an aesthetic you like, isn't it all just about personal taste/preferences? Someone like Bobbin is a good example here- I don't really want to dress like him but he provides an alternate aesthetic and I can see why it's really cool, even though if you place it up against the standards/preferences of certain fashion boards it doesn't really jive well. This applies to all sorts of "styles" (that vary themselves from person to person of course)- dark and drapey, heavily branded streetwear, workwear, sloppy japanese farmer, slim-fitting monochromatic stuff, whatever else etc.. they all represent different things and are cool in different ways.

I mean I really like to hope that people who are in to fashion and really want to execute one of these "alternative" aesthetics (and maybe know how to do so) understand this, but sometimes I just throw everything I like about fashion out the window entirely when someone says something like "That garment is really corny. Basically every guy wore that 5 years ago." or "That looks clown" or "That outfit really isn't fashionable (referring to it stylistically, rather than how well the execution is)".

I don't know if I'm making any sense since it's very late and I'm tired, I honestly just want clothes to be fun- but I keep running in to these scenarios where I feel like people are criticizing my or another person's tastes/personal preferences, rather than the actual execution of an outfit. And it honestly irritates me because of how frequently it shows up and the fact that these people should know better based on their personal preferences and how they actually dress.

I guess an appropriate comparison is a person wearing an eccentric hat criticizing the taste of a person wearing an eccentric pair of pants.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby bels » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 am

If you want clothes to be fun again you probably need to quit internet fashion for a while. 3 months to a year seems to be the traditional hiatus.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Bobby, I don't know if it helps but I dress the way that I do because I don't worry about what people think. Much like a green lantern, fear is the enemy of my power, so you just stop caring. It's not like I always dressed like this or that I always will, it's always a gradual organic process. I think people start to lose comfort when they go balls out into another style and don't have the confidence or the wardrobe to support it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby spahdfgo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm

I need Air Max 1's in my life.

spahdfgo

Postby purkinje » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:09 pm

has a designer ever done anything cool with bowling shoes?

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby thug » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm

A while ago I ordered some Naked & Famous denim from karmaloop. They were taking forever to ship so I eventually cancelled the order. I used the money to buy the same jeans from Blue Owl. The other day the jeans I ordered were at my doorstep. After emailing karmaloop, it turns out I had two of the same pair in my cart at the same time (or something).

Not quite sure the logistics of the whole situation but now I half a new pair of jeans to sell, which is cool.

thug

Postby bels » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 am

http://www.foxhalllondon.com

Not really that impressed by this shop looking at it online, but check how often they use the words technical and urban in their copy

Cc: majhax

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 pm

'technical outwear' is battaling si on the style/cost front with none of the bells and whistles that si brings, some of the casual shirts would be ok for £50 or deep sale. cargos are pretty nice as they go down to around 40 by the looks of it. some of the stylnf is a bit dull, almost like outlier and jcrew had a child who found his dads old si jacket. 4/10 would not turn down if it was free.

on the topic of si tho there was this dude in sainsburys rolling in a bright yellow si puffer, adidas 3 stripe trackies and am95's, dude went hard. obvo mong tho.

maj

Postby bels » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Did think the cargoes looked decent

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:10 pm

'tech panel winter shirt' is decent too

RycePooding

Postby navin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:39 am

i really want some jorts, the mid to light wash prefaded and slim kind

navin

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:50 am

JonjoShelvey

Postby hot coffee » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:33 am

Every old lady at church service said ma turtleneck lookin' good.

My self esteem has sky-rocketed. #trill#

hot coffee

PreviousNext

Return to Tags