[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Coffee and tea-vee

Coffee and tea-vee

Off topic

Re: Coffee and tea-vee

Postby Capt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Atom, how do you like it? Peruvian beans sound like they might taste pretty interesting.

I'm normally a black coffee guy, but all these teas sound fantastic.

Capt

Postby atom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 am

Capt, I liked it. Through the chemex, the cup was slightly rich with chocolate notes and brightened up with some slight fruitiness. Brewing with the french press, the cup was full bodied but slightly acidic.

atom

Postby yourdad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm

The school coffee shop doesn't have great coffee or anything but I appreciate that they have about 10 different ones available for you to choose from. I also love that they use the Dixie PerfecTouch cups. They have some sort of textured coating that is meant to insulate the drink and prevent me from needing a sleeve.

Not sure if it comes across in the pic

yourdad

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 am

been brewing this recently in my aeropress. citric and floral notes, although i can't help but to think it'd taste better using a pour over method.

on a different note, if you have aeropress i recently found a really interesting way to brew. 14 minute brew (ok, i'm not crazy, try it out) with medium grind. pour ~205 deg F water on grounds (using inverted method), let it seep for 10 minutes, stir and break crust and then seep for 4 then plunge like normal. brings out a lot of subtle flavors of the coffee

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby sensodyne » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm

I use a keurig and tassimo for all my tea and coffee, just been using sbucks medium roast and variants of english/earl/green tea.

for others like myself what are some good makes/falvors

sensodyne

Postby yourdad » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 am

gf bought me this tea from teavana b/c i mentioned liking the sample they gave me. been keeping it in my room until i buy a new candle because it's so aromatic. if they made this into a candle, i'd buy it.

yourdad

Postby kewks » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 am

@yourdad you should go to davids tea. i never knew that buying tea could be such a fun experience

kewks

Postby ramseames » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 pm

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 am

ran out of coffee recently and I've been drinking more tea lately. mostly black teas like chai and irish breakfast. I like drinking the chai before I workout at night. enough caffeine to give me a boost but not enough to keep me awake all night.

jrisk

Postby nick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 am

alright im a level 1 basic-ass coffee drinker, so bare with me if i sound dumb. how can i make coffee in the french press more tasty? thats what my roommate and I have and the coffee just doesn't seem to have as much flavor as my $15 mr coffee 4 cup coffee maker coffee did.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm

i only like coffee when it tastes like shit and is paired with greasy hash browns and eggs and thick toast

ramdomthought

Postby purkinje » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:04 am

@rycepooding I've been drinking nothing but the tea you sent in your care package for the past month. The campfire stuff is great.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby iffe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am

Today's afternoon tea.

iffe

Postby CMYK » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:23 pm

CMYK

Postby g2x222 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Wow so much tea around here.

While I enjoy a rich cup of chai every now and again, especially the way my mom makes it, I really like coffee (for the record, I'm a dog person). For a long time, I was exclusively french pressing my coffee, but I've recently started using a because of the thermal carafe (it's basically a knockoff of the Technivorm Moccamaster). It's a really consistent and simple little machine, and I do like it, though I'd love a Technivorm.

My favorite coffee shop is in Atlanta. They have an amazing selection of pourover/pressed coffee (pretty much everything is made to order) and espresso drinks. It also happens to be where the hipster barista works

g2x222

Postby g2x222 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:36 pm

– The Bonavita is (which is based on water temperature, among other factors)

– I really haven't tried out many places in the area, but I liked Voltage coffee in Kendall Square. I try to get beans from Karma Coffee Roasters in Sudbury. The hours are limited, so it can be tough to swing by there, but they have a great selection, and the roasts are pretty fresh

g2x222

Postby bels » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 am

I've been drinking a lot of decaff lately and it really rules

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 am

no caff club

can-

Postby Syeknom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am

I'm happily off of the caffeine-addiction train again, feels so much better.

Thai iced tea is amazing by the way. Need to learn how to make it for the summer.

Syeknom

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:21 am

Last edited by JonjoShelvey on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonjoShelvey

Postby rublev » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 am

Caffeine can be pretty scary. I know there's been lots of articles / stories etc but there was an article in the guardian this weekend how the addictive qualities. Also how one study went to the same coffee shop for 5 consecutive days, ordering the same coffee, and the amount of caffeine varied each day, with one day being double the lowest amount.

But i love it! I show signs of caffeine addiction and i rarely do more than two cups a day. Once i tried to do just one cup a day, but even then when i tried to have no coffee i felt lethargic and unmotivated.

I'm really liking hazelnut tea just now as well.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby prawnzee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:25 am

so I've been drinking less and less coffee for some reason, it just happened. I think I've talked about this earlier, but I had a similar phase years ago, when I only drunk green tea

also stopped using milk, so if I drink coffee I put some coconut oil in it. it tastes funny and moisturises my lips when I drink, that's kind of awesome. anyway, just made some espresso with mah moka pot, added some coconut oil and after two cups I feel super drunk for some reason.. this is weird. very lightheaded feeling

prawnzee

Postby can- » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 am

first live trip report on http://care-tags.org

can-

Postby bels » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I drink caffeinated coffee too when I feel like it but maybe 50% of the time I want a coffee I just want a coffee and don't want to have to take a piss 3x per hour or get The Fear because someone looked at me.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby g2x222 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am

and anyone else looking for a new coffee machine,

g2x222

Postby nick » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:00 pm

how do you rude dudes cold brew your coffee? I don't own any strainers or filters, so I've got to invest in a ballin setup from the ground up. I see amazon has some premade setup for $20. seems solid.

, I was just thinking about Thai ice tea. that rich flavor is absolutely incredible. my cravings were so fierce today I grabbed and it was still delicious. can thai iced tea be cold brewed?

on the warm front, finally got a coffee grinder and lets just say the french press game is at an all time high. been jonesin on those trader joes pomegranate tea bags too

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby g2x222 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:03 pm

g2x222

Postby can- » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:00 am

was at a bar last night and someone ordered and got a pour over. I love Brooklyn

can-

Postby sid3000 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Decided to try out some cold brew the other day. Came out of one of these gizmos

called a Kyoto tower. Have been meaning to try it for a while and glad I did. It comes iced, has an immediate fruity aftertaste with traces of nuttiness later on. Slightly acidic like most coffee when served just black, but with a more pleasant tang. Talked with the owner of the coffee shop about it for a while, he said it takes about 12-15 hours for a single brew, so their handful of towers are chugging day and night. At $6 for a cup (16 oz) it was worth a try but will keep it at a rare indulgence.

In the mean time Im still hemming and hawing about aeropress vs french press. Will try to find a shop that can serve both in the same sitting so I can compare.

sid3000

PreviousNext

Return to Care