[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Clothes

Re: Small wallet, big ideas - the DIY thread

Postby oieoou » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 am

I only ask because I want to make it look, more or less, professional and I had this idea in my head that it would look better if it was deconstructed. Although in the back of my head I know it probably wont look very good Ill still give it a shot.

oieoou

Postby slappa » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:10 am

slappa

Postby trav » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:26 pm

$20 at 6pm. thinking about throwing these on a christmas list and trying to dye them like a light beige. I used to dye white guitar parts with coffee grounds/water and they came out looking kinda cool. wonder what it would do to the white canvas

trav

Postby iwtt » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:28 pm

when one of my favorite parkas was on the verge of disintegrating and i had to repair multiple tears i went ahead and added this patch to the back of it, idea kind of stolen from rafs saville parkas maybe? a bit more prominent than ideal but i'm quite fond of it

iwtt

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Weird to be so excited about rivets

thomaspaine

Postby slappa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:50 pm

I finally came around to ordering new colors from Italy. They came in a week before christmas and I had some crazy busy days finishing up both orders and some presents for my family. One of the presents was a cartridge bag for my girlfriend that I couldn't finish before she left Copenhagen to spent christmas at her parents in Norway. I actually 'gave' her one back in 2012, but was defeated by my abilities to make one at the time - so the project was put on hold and I guess she kind of forgot about the whole thing. I had my eyes on an Acne bag as reference, while incorporating design elements from an earlier cartridge bag I made and an Alexander Wang bag she loves.

She came back to Copenhagen yesterday and I could finally give it to her after 14 months of delay! It was the best feeling and she loved the bag.

Laced cartridge bag

Button stud strap closure

Reference bags in spoiler

slappa

Postby smiles » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:08 pm

I altered and dyed an old margaret howell shirt. It's too slim/not quite my style so I'll give it to my GF. my sewing skills improved a bit but I'm still quite sloppy.

new fabric is lightweight japanese-y chambray

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sick boy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:05 pm

I made a small wallet type thing by hand last night using some scraps of chambray + a button from the shirt the scraps are from.

Process pictures for anybody interested:

sick boy

Postby FeministFatal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 am

I made a dress this Saturday! Pretty dang excited, I had never successfully made something from a pattern before. Well technically not a pattern, I used a dress my grandma made for my great grandmother as a pattern. Fabric is the ticking stripe pattern, the stripes are a blueish grey but it's hard to tell. My aunt used it to refurbish her couches, but it's actually not too heavy. I threw it in the wash first and it's pretty soft.
I am thinking about buying some cheaper fabric and making some more (possibly with a dart in the back to make it more form-fitting, although I like the silhouette) and trying to sell them on etsy or something.

Thoughts about the dress? Thoughts about fabrics? Thoughts about marketability?
It cost me less than 15$ to make.
I am on a DIY high right now I just want everyone to everyone to sit around and sew together XD

FeministFatal

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 am

That looks so fantastic!

Fabric, pattern, fit and pockets really remind me of this shirt by Tender which is an excellent thing in my book

Syeknom

Postby FeministFatal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:31 am

Oh my especially the pockets! (smiling) Yay! More people should dress like train conductors is what my dad said when he saw it haha

FeministFatal

Postby can- » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:11 pm

can-

Postby matrimonioids » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:50 pm

shirt with single 'j' back seam i made. cut pants into shorts

tanktop with single back seam and accents that i made. shorts i made from a pair of pants, and made them (a little) dropcrotch. leather pocket was one of the first things i sewed.

i need to keep working on my tops though, im still not pleased with how i made them. and i need to iron my clothes.

matrimonioids

Postby germinal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:52 pm

some t shirts I made in collabo w many months ago

can-

Postby jrisk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm

those look great ben, are they screenprinted?

jrisk

Postby germinal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 am

That was almost a year ago now, wow.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sknss » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:50 am

Is that a Prison Break tee? What's the story behind those prints?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby smiles » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:14 am

Last one looks like brunelleschi or something

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby germinal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:22 am

First one is St Joseph's church in Le Havre, second is a blank box logo, last one is the Hagia Sophia

germinal
Garminlad

Postby smiles » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:21 pm

We should make lab coats. With 8bit bizarre silk pattern. No one has ever done that

This shit. Thomas the bird is totally chilling In here.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sick boy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 pm

I've had some spare time in between exams and the new semester, so I made some gloves.

edit: the material is some sort of brushed twill from a pair of pants that got made into shorts, for a pattern I traced my hand, cut it into the sections of each panel, added more space for seams and space in the glove, and added some gussets for flexibility

sick boy

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Has anyone tried using T shirt iron on transfers before? I want to put something like these on some black/white t shirts

RomanEmpire

Postby ptozzi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:39 am

ptozzi

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 am

RomanEmpire

Postby slappa » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 am

slappa

Postby jrisk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 am

jrisk

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 pm

RomanEmpire

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:16 am

Trust me, you don't wear XS in American Apparel. I have a 34 inch chest and XS (my normal size) is incredibly tight on me. I honestly have to size up to a Medium in American Apparel.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby slappa » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 am

Sure, I've put some more pics in the spoiler.

I appreciate all your kind rep comments, it means a lot to me (love)

slappa

PreviousNext

Return to Tags