[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - homes, houses, and abodes n plants

homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Off topic

Re: homes, houses, and abodes

Postby starfox64 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:23 am

is that actually his house? it looks like it's an ad. there was a post once about designers who fully embrace their aesthetic and only wear their own stuff. i'm trying to remember who people were naming, but definitely thom, rick, hiroki, and yohji were mentioned.

these pictures make me think that thom browne's entire life is dedicated to the idea of being thom browne.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:29 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby starfox64 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:50 am

that bed looks like the bed that i used when i was a kid, with ralph lauren linens.

the difference is that with raf and jun they at least make some normal looking clothes so it's not immediately obvious what they are wearing. though i guess if you were rick owens and you made the clothes he makes you'd have to wear them because who would you be designing for otherwise?

not that this is the same at all but i don't think drew wears any of his stuff, which i find kind of interesting.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:58 am

drew toj? I thought he has that electric blue leather?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 am

no i think that's someone else's. he frequently takes fits of stuff in his size that's going out afaik.

maybe he kept the blue goat one, dunno. but for a long time his only leather jacket was the mmm 5 zip.

starfox64

Postby lanky » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:13 am

not a home, but still a very cool space

lanky

Postby adhi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

DO I POST THIS IN CAR OR TAGS OH SHIT OMG

lol relevant: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/cele ... nt-article

adhi

Postby odradek » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 pm

. would hotlink but the pictures are huge.

odradek

Postby lanky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:23 am

A lot of people have probably already seen this, but here are some mockups of kanye's soho apartment:

lanky

Postby Syeknom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Went to IKEA today and bought a new rug. Wasn't sure about it but I reckon it's pretty fun.

IKEA furniture is so terrible and depressing, anything nicer is a magnitude more expensive. Really puts buying clothes into perspective.

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm

i like the rug.

ikea is the h&m of furniture, right? looks nice, feels like crap. those crafty swedes.

but yeah i feel you. at least clothes can be transported across countries and continents.

starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah it's exactly the H&M of furniture. The swedes are fucking genius.

Buying furniture at this stage always feels futile since at some point we'll move and nothing will work/fit/whatever.

Syeknom

Postby hunnish » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:57 pm

I want a house where cleaning it doesn't make much of a difference and I have a place to nap in every room.

hunnish

Postby bels » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:07 pm

At this point in my life I'm more interested in cleaning my room than I am in improving it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 am

Architect student converts a bus into a home

http://www.hankboughtabus.com/a-tour-of-the-bus/

thomaspaine

Postby starfox64 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 pm

not a house but cool anyway.

starfox64

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I want to redecorate my apartment right now because all my ikea furniture is falling apart, but I don't know if it's worth getting nice (non-Ikea) furniture since I'm a renter. If we ever move most of it would have to be disassembled in order to move or sell it. I know Ikea furniture tends to disintegrate anytime you move or disassemble it, but I don't know if nicer furniture is much better.

On the other hand our apartment is rent controlled and the way rents and property values are in SF are right now we could never afford to move anyways.

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:35 am

If you get nice furniture second hand does it hold it's value? Seems like the kind of thing that does.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 am

I get vertigo just looking at these

thomaspaine

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:59 am

these are probably in the new territories or ap lei chau. Those places are depressing as fuck.

the sad thing is that some people wait their whole life just to be able to get one. Really serious housing problem in hong kong

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:45 am

I'd love to visit Hong Kong.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 am

Not so expensive to fly to if you book early

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 am

what's a good time to go?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 am

october or april. Cold and blowy in the winter and super humid in the summer

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:50 am

Weather-wise between October and December apparently. Least rain, humidity and chance of typhoons. I'm going in early November.

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 am

whats the occasion, monkeys?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:24 am

Just a city trip, mooch around for a week eating good food, hiking/sight-seeing, shopping, relaxing and whatnot. We wanted to go back to Asia but just do an easy, low-pace trip after the planning and relative adventure of Iceland.

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 am

Ah I see. Hong Kong is a good city for that. There's not a whole lot of 'destination' based stuff to do so its best to hang around. I would recommend checking out some outlying islands. They have a much different jizz.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby germinal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 pm

damn syek is that four countries in as many months?

Paper Partition System:

"The evacuees of the great Japan Earthquake and Tsunami are currently taking shelter in evacuation facilities such as gymnasiums. They are forced to live in this situation for a few months, before temporary housings are deployed. They suffer from the lack of privacy and high density, which could cause damage both mentally and physically. We are currently making simple partitions made of paper tubes and canvas curtains to divide each families.
This disaster relief endeavor will be financed with donations from around the world.”

Shgieru Ban Architects

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Syeknom

PreviousNext

Return to Care