[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Clothes

Re: Small wallet, big ideas - the DIY thread

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:57 am

RomanEmpire

Postby cormac » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:48 am

I patched my Herschel, as well as removed the Herschel logo/patch. It's a La Dispute band patch, but I think it also looks good as a stand-alone design.

cormac

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Did this between last night and today. Gonna add a zipper and I think that'll be that. Want to make a denim moto jacket next. Nervous to do so without a pattern though. This is the result of measuring a jacket that fits me and eyeballing the rest.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby CMYK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Made this super sketchily, but I kind of like how it came out.

CMYK

Postby parastexis » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:27 pm

slip on hype

parastexis

Postby nick » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:58 pm

I love these pants (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/bottoms/pa ... 05.html#01) in the 'navy' color, and I just want to wear them every day, but that's not a possibility so I want a gray pair, which isn't offered. So, I just bought the "off-white" ones to die a light-medium gray.

Now... how to dye clothes? Should I just buy some dye and a bucket? Or is there an approach which involves me not having to buy a bucket?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby can- » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

use ur sink

can-

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Finally getting around to posting this pair of benetton jeans I destroyed. Saw UC scab jeans and felt inspired to do this. Sorry most of the pics turned out crappy

Front

Back

Hem

Detached waistband detail

Belt loops and reconstructed back

More random pics of the distressing

Finally, a couple fit pics

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 pm

This is my first pair of jeans. Has patch pockets on both front and back. with a moto-esque zipper on the outside seam.
sorry for terrible mirror shot. I have a black pair of jeans I just finished as well. and a VTB-esque tank done as well. Starting a harem-esque pair of tan lounge pants tonight too

My gurl also wanted an AllSaints style coat so I did a pretty blatant rip-off but am well pleased with how it's turned out. Here are some shots of how it drapes.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Had a pair of baggy linen(?) pants and needed a pair of black shorts for s/s, so I gave this a go. I'm still not very good at sewing so the hem is a little messed up, but I don't mind too much.

Before

Fabric details

Cutting the legs

Considered leaving them raw hem but decided against it

Sewing the hem

Finished hem

After

I think the fabric is really cool so Im definitely going to save the legs of the pants for another project

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 am

They are CDG Chucks

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby sknss » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 am

i don't know if you're looking for advice but you could easily improve your hemming technique by
1) ironing
2) folding the fabric over itself so it doesn't start fraying inside

i learnt with michelle

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Hopefully I'm not spamming too much. In this photo I'm wearing an attachment shirt that smiles recommended from rakuten then a tank and pants that I made.

The butt area of jeans are super tough to get right. At least I avoided doing a fly on these by doing a side-zipper at the waist.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby jrisk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:55 pm

been wanting to paint something on the back of my parka:

More after the break:

Last edited by jrisk on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jrisk

Postby ramseames » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:57 pm

would be worth adding another layer i think

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:21 pm

, I'm really into the worn out paint look. if it really starts rubbing off though, i'll probably mask it up again and give it another layer.

damn, had no idea . thanks for the heads-up, went and found a few pics:

midori x cabourn

jrisk

Postby slappa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:11 pm

I have not been care-tagging as much as I'd like to, but it's been a busy few months. I was offered a spot at a small store close to where I live in Copenhagen, which I accepted and I've been putting together a collection for the display. For now it's only smaller items and accessories but hopefully some totes and bags will follow.

Here's a pic of the window display

I've also been making a few wallets for the store and as preparation for an old promise to cameron to make a prototype for a Bottega Veneta inspired wallet with a braided outer shell

slappa

Postby slappa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 pm

slappa

Postby jrisk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 pm

took a cool pic of my jacket the other day

jrisk

Postby GummyBear » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am

Repaired the shoulder strap-part of an old thrifted satchel with some goofy rainbow thread I stole from my mom, you can't see it unless you're way up close but it makes me happy secretly knowing it's there :3

GummyBear

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Made a floral shirt
closeup

Made a slouchy "leisure jacket"
Pleased with my personal progress. This floral shirt is probably the most "expert" thing I've made, in regards to everything coming together how I wanted.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby nevergreen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:55 pm

nothing amazing but i can't remember the last time i wore my jeans and i've been wanting a pair of light wash denim so i bleached the pair of 511s i had. prob could have taken them out a little earlier but they turned out okay

nevergreen

Postby ptozzi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:27 pm

I kinda wanna put side zips on my sk8 his.

Does anyone know if it's even worth attempting?

ptozzi

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 am

I'm planning on making a few things this summer. A shirt or two, t shirts, graphic t shirts, a jacket, and maybe even a pair of shoes if I'm brave enough. I have a pretty strong vision in my head of what I'm going for. I draw a lot in my free time but I've never been particularly good at drawing clothes, or anything realistic. Does anyone know of any books or references that they've used on drawing/designing clothes? How should I go about it?

Blastoise

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Removed the hem on my 513s.

More:

vgtbls

Postby rjbman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 pm

I want to add an inside pocket on my Patagonia Torrentshell. looks pretty good but I'm clueless as to how to do the rest. Maybe want it zippable if that doesn't add a lot of difficulty.

Also, black/navy/white tape and what color for the pocket itself?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramseames » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 pm

http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Seam ... 07a2335c3e

colours would depend on the colour of the jacket itself

ramseames

Postby sick boy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Made another pair of gloves for a friend.

She wanted them lined with the floral fabric, but that turned out to be really fucking hard to do without messing up the fit, so I just did some trim with it. I think it looks cooler.

sick boy

Postby thatbiglake » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 pm

That's sweet. I've thought about trying something similar.

One of my friends and I are going to start working on clothes together. She's been making her own stuff for years so that should help me get started. She's going to teach me how to make a simple shirt with a pocket and then we'll move on from there. Excited.

Blastoise

PreviousNext

Return to Tags