[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu May 22, 2014 12:50 am

UnwashedMolasses

Postby chadnik » Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 am

Yeah, I meant it more as him sharing (what I read as) your sentiment regarding a general misappropriation of the blues sound, though it was what Howlin' hated at the time and you now like. I'll dip out, I'm just an occasional enjoyer of the genre and don't really know enough about it to talk about it well or in a proper historical context.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking forward to on the Cocteau Twins, My Bloody Valentine, and the Jesus and Mary Chain (even though the title design is not giving me a lot of hope right now and poor Robert Smith looks like a pile of dirty laundry).

chadnik

Postby balloons » Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm

just bought 2-day pass for FYF fest!!

excited!!

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby bueno » Thu May 29, 2014 11:41 am

Didn't think i'd ever be saying this but i'm looking forward to RiFF RAFF's album neon icon. Have honestly enjoyed all the songs that've been released so far.

bueno

Postby bueno » Fri May 30, 2014 5:05 am

speak of the devil, it has leaked.

edit - and it's great

bueno

Postby Kappy » Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am

Any deep/tech/classic house or techno fans here? I've been into a crapton of different musical styles in my life, but this stuff has been resonating with me in a really great way in the past few months.

Kappy

Postby vgtbls » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Adult Swim Singles gonna blow it up this summer:

June 9th – Giorgio Moroder
June 16th – Machinedrum
June 23rd – Destruction Unit
July 4th – Fatima Al-Qadiri
July 7th – Tim Hecker
July 14th – Speedy Ortiz
July 21st – Sleep
July 28th – Future (w/animated video)
August 4th – Diarrhea Planet
August 11th – Oozing Wound
August 18th – Captain Murphy
August 25th – Deafheaven
September 1st – RP Boo
September 8th – Mastodon Feat. Gibby Haynes
September 15th – Run The Jewels
September 22nd – KA

vgtbls

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:13 pm

The Districts who I've been a huge fan of for almost a year now are opening for Dr. Dog! I'm so excited for both of these bands!

JewTurk

Postby alby » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:28 am

maybe this should be in the other music thread but I am going a decently length flight soon and am looking for some full albums to listen. pretty much down to anything but hardcore.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby popcorn » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:06 am

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby raags » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Benoit Pioulard - Precis
Manu Chao - Clandestino

raags
Best Dressed

Postby popcorn » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Simple question, though a bit odd - does anybody have some fun 'reimagining' remixes of hip-hop or other songs, totally changing the mood and 'genre' of the song??

Some examples in the spoiler. Thanks in advance :^)

popcorn

Postby vgtbls » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 pm

got something for you.

In other news, Death From Above 1979 are releasing a new album (!!!!!) in September! Very, very, very excited.

vgtbls

Postby seth83292 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:36 pm

I just made a soundcloud list of a few rap remixes a day or so ago!

https://soundcloud.com/seth83292/sets/rap-remixes

seth83292

Postby charybdis » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 am

Been listening to NPR's Microphone Check at someone's suggestion but haven't been able to make it through an entire episode yet. I get that they're supposed to be conversations, but I think that the hosts are kind of bad about moderating/directing these interviews.

That said, I had no idea which was cool to learn about, but again I skimmed the transcript and man they ask extremely softball/boring questions.

I was really excited about this podcast when I first heard about it too. Maybe I'm just a fan of radio that's more edited down and not everything an the kitchen sink. But it could be that I just haven't listened to the right ones / am not knowledgeable enough about rap?

Slightly related, after I half listened to the podcast about XXL, I came upon a few articles where people were rating the relevancy of the freshman after being on the cover and deeming it to be bunk since only 1-2 from each class makes it really big, which I think is really weird since, considering what the music industry is like, 1-2 is not bad.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 pm

heard a LOT of great bouncy electro recently on a youtube channel called GalaxyMusic. I always love finding curatorial youtube channels and fiddling through their uploads for a few hours. My favorites are Majestic Casual and EtonMessy, both are kinda deep house and jazzy, groovy indie pop with a cool, 70's even, atmosphere.

I want to share Blow My High by Kendrick Lamar with you guys. It's a track from Section.80, his colossal 2011 release. I'm not a true hip-hop person, so I've been sleeping on even all the huge names, but I am a huge fan of jazz flintstone, smooth instrumentation and sampling, so the song - which by the way is a tribute to an 80's singer and a girlfriend of Tupac's - is really great to me and I'm sure to more than a few of you. Leaving a link in the spoiler.

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Is anyone here really, really naively excited for the new Pendulum album Swire has been promising?

I'm too young to have actually followed pendulum, much less go to a concert, but I've always been playing mmo's and found Pendulum while I was still very young, so I'm very attached to their songs, and get the most amazingly nostalgic feelings from old bbc1 rips of recordings before the release of Hold Your Colour. I'm really, really pumped for what this album could be.

popcorn

Postby saniityhd » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Been into deep house ( etc ) alot lately, so I decided to make a mix out of my current favorites. Would really love to start playing music at bars/clubs soon, dont know where to turn though.

http://www.grailed.com/users/18-ruben/wardrobe - in desperate need to get these items sold. Bedwin, Stone Island, COS etc
saniityhd

Postby charybdis » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Just realized that no one's posted the plug.dj here: http://plug.dj/caretags/

Thanks to the people there for introducing me to BADBADNOTGOOD and St. Vincent

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sagc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:28 pm

This is one of the most triumphant songs I've ever heard - it's always excellent, but it's even better early in the morning, outside, in the winter.

Also, going to see Nick Cave tomorrow, with Reggie Watts opening - really looking forward to it.

sagc

Postby chadnik » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Bobbin posting a Story jacket on the guy from Slow Club (so great) reminded me of this music video of theirs I love. It's in homage to/in the style of the jazz dancers Al Minns and Leon James.

chadnik

Postby can- » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:49 pm

I did not like the new Lana album very much at first but I have been sitting with it, and it has been growing in quite nicely. I don't think it hangs with 'Born to Die,' but that's one of the most important albums in the last 5 years for me so that's a pretty unreasonable expectation. I wish there was a banger featuring some shitty rapper like ASVP Rocky or an obvious cover of something like Leader of the Pack, but I guess it's not the right time.

highlights are 'Brooklyn Baby,' 'Fucked My Way up to the Top,' and 'Old Money'

can-

Postby silvaeri » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Not sure how I feel about the new Grimes track, doesn't have that same sort of feel that Visions did, but it still has a definitive Grimes jizz to it. Will probably grow on me after some more listens.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Anyone here listen to Fishmans? They're a japanese dub / dream pop band that started in the 80s and ended in the late 90s. Their vocalist is known for his very distinctive androgynous singing voice.

After that short intro here's an album of theirs, Long Season. It's just one continuous 35 minute song which has this same four bar piano riff throughout most of it and I think it's brilliant, probably one of my favourite albums.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby nevergreen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm

tfw death grips breaks up

nevergreen

Postby SteevMike » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 pm

liked the music didn't like the band both members can do better things

SteevMike

Postby breakadawn » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Anthony Fantano, Death Grips, not forever I guess.. Hope to see new angles taken by each artist though.

breakadawn

Postby breakadawn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm

this makes me happy

breakadawn

PreviousNext

Return to Care