[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - COLOUR

COLOUR

Clothes

COLOUR

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 am

Colour is the most important sartorial decision as far as I'm concerned, so lets wax lyrical about shades, tones and tastes. Colours can be a lot of things, not that I want to give myself a trendy affectation, I feel like I have some level of synesthesia when it comes to colour. Some are tasty, bitter, earthy, sugary (although it's not like I'm actually putting tongue-to-fabric). I base a lot of my personal colour decisions on how appealing they are to me and I don't feel restricted by the colour of my complextion.

Just to curb opinion before we even start - black is a colour. I don't think there's any merit in acting like it's an absence of colour - it's absolutley not.

I think there was a similar thread but I'm imagining this is more a show and tell.

I've always liked Pantone 2655. It's got a rich deep colour feel but washed out with a milky dilution. I imagine this is what a king bathing in milk would look like if it were a person.

It looks totally different on white.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Re: COLOUR

Postby germinal » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 am

Germinal Pink ® is an absence of colour

germinal
Garminlad

Postby popcorn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:20 am

long after I got into clothing and made a tumblr, I made a folder for pictures that appeal to me in color - my avatar was ripped from that folder :-) now I am a corner in a beautiful blue room
oh, and I'm glad we're talking about british color in this thread

I really really liked the color pallet in the recent Puma x Brooklyn We Go Hard (((a French label?))) collaboration lookbook

I don't really have anything very intuitive to add, but I'd like to ask - is there a scientific explanation for color combination? What makes black and white resonate well?

popcorn

Postby sknss » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 am

This is in case you were looking for it.

It's a bit weird to look at colours on a screen and even more on that light blue background.

I'm really into sky blue + various shades of ocre

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:51 am

There's lots of science in colour across all the main disciplines but Pantone assigning an index number to shades is as science-y as I get these days. Colour is light - but it's also a whole lot more to living beings than can really be quantified.

or

How I learned to stop worring and love the colour.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:13 am

http://techspec.tumblr.com/ is posted by color themes, especially obvious if you go to aerial view, may be worth checking out

True to my user, I'm finding more and more often that I'm not a fan of washed out colors - very saturated tones are my grind.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby soko » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:21 am

I've really liked Dana Lee's use of colour and texture. I find that she often uses odd variations and shades that aren't used very often, like chartreuse in ss13, and orange in fw12.
ss13
fw12
ss11
(love) Dana

soko

Postby navin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:15 am

i have a weird relationship with color as im colorblind, i try to avoid it ever since that time i confused pink with grey
heres a color i really like
ecru
all of these colors are perfect too

navin

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:18 am

popcorn

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:31 am

I love burgundy/plum/number 8 coloration on shoes

is great, Meermin plum museum calf.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby greggy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:40 am

"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I don’t bother you - don’t bother me". - Yohji

I find that colours are often indicative of person's attitude and disposition. If you wear bright and vibrant colours, you're more likely to be outgoing, etc.

Which kinda explains why I have next to no colour variation in my casual wardrobe, it's all shades of grey, or fast approaching that point. I simply don't have the balls to wear colours.

greggy

Return to Tags