[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Things you are saving for other than clothes

Things you are saving for other than clothes

Off topic

Re: Things you are saving for other than clothes

Postby bels » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Once you don't have enough time to keep up with games as they come out it's worth your while to just sit back and take your time working your way through the catalogue. I've been playing Metro2033 on my pc lately. My friend lent me his 360 for a year when he was in Korea so I caught up with most of the console games I want to play. Might buy a PS3 eventually like germ says to play those PS3 exclusives.

Imo xbox isn't even a contender because it's exclusives are bad. Until they get something better than Halo I'd always go with Sony.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 pm

i always preferred xbox exclusives tbh. gears of war and halo over uncharted and god of war.

those decisions were also made back when xbox live was about a million times better than psn, but that appears to no longer be the case.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 am

I was thinking more Metal Gear Solide and Demon's Souls. If there's ever a cool japanese game that comes out on just one console, it'll be ps3.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 am

mgs v is 360, xbox one, and ps3, though.

the difference, i think, is that the xbox games tend to be more 'in the moment' i.e. i want to play multiplayer with my friends online. ps exclusives seem better for just picking up the game on the cheap at the end of the systems lifecycle.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:02 am

Just bought my ticket for my cousin's wedding in South Africa. Going to go for 3 weeks. Should be good. Will be midsummer for them so should get me enough vitamin D to cope with the rest of the brutal English winter.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:49 pm

post inventory of suitcase

can-

Postby bels » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Really want to buy a muji suitcase but I have a perfectly serviceable forest green pierre cardin tk maxx job.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am

i'm planning to go to the world cup next summer.

starfox64

Postby hooplah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

nose piercing

hooplah

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 pm

oh, wow. hello hoops :3

right now i guess i'm saving for font creation software (right now i'm thinking of getting ) and maybe another camera lens, or i could give my current setup to my younger sister and get a whole new camera body + lens altogether.

schiaparelli

Postby lanky » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 am

thinking about getting another camera lens but i was stupid and got a sony so to get a good one it'll cost me $$$

also a nice collection of photography books

possibly a drum machine

maybe a tattoo but i dont even know what i would get so probly not that

lanky

Postby starfox64 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 am

you should get a tattoo

starfox64

Postby sknss » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 pm

a smartphone. any recs for something under 200eur with android?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm

My phone can't even do photos let alone be smart, sorry sknss.

Got a monstrously cool pair of headphones today as a present, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω.

Replaced my old shitty ones which only had one functional can and no real ability to do anything. These new ones are great - massively deep bass, airy sound and it's a very lively and fun sound. Not too clinical despite the supposed accuracy of them.

Syeknom

Postby hooplah » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 pm

hooplah

Postby sknss » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

but can you still snort cocaine.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby hooplah » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:17 pm

i coat it in cocaine every morning and sniff a little throughout the day

hooplah

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:37 pm

thinking about getting a tattoo from this artist. really cool/unique style

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hooplah » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

have you heard of moonassi? lately i've been super obsessed with his stuff and i was thinking about getting something tattooed but 1. i'm kind of uncomfortable with the idea of tattooing another person's work on my body and 2. his stuff is all very lonely looking and i don't want to be sad every time i look at my arm

hooplah

Postby smiles » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 pm

i little tumblr-y but pretty cool. yeah im not sure about the first point either. It would be better if the actual artist was doing the tattooing.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hharrissonn » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 pm

want to get another tattoo before i leave for school, but i have a lot of things in mind and can't figure out which to get.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby RycePooding » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

camera.

recs?

RycePooding

Postby can- » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

buy my dslr

can-

Postby RycePooding » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm

text me pics + price ;D

RycePooding

Postby bels » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm

You should get a yashica t3. Insanely good camera. Not joking.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby deadkitty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 am

need a new bass. thinking gibson sg bass

deadkitty

Postby Syeknom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:06 am

What kind of sound are you looking to get out of a bass? Are you specifically looking for a short scale bass? The SG is only 30.5" which gives a different sound, a different feel to playing it (more comfortable for some) and you'll need to be careful when choosing new strings. Pickup placement will give quite a strong bass response or bright growl depending on how you mix them so I'd imagine it's a good choice for rock. Would probably sound nice with flats.

Have you tried one in person?

Syeknom

Postby RycePooding » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 am

my parents gave me this. No idea how to use it. anyone know of good resources to teach me?

RycePooding

Postby deadkitty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 am

short scale + flats for sure. I haven't tried one yet, but I pretty much just want an upgrade from my squier bronco bass which has the same basic setup (flatwound, short scale, humbucker)

deadkitty

Postby bels » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:19 am

Not too much to understand Rycer. Get a basic understanding of white balance, shutter speed, aperture. Then just take lots and lots of photos.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Care