[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - homes, houses, and abodes n plants

homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Off topic

Re: homes, houses, and abodes

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:47 am

I'll post an actual pic in the desk thread when i get it

worst thing is when they call it "engineered wood" to make it sound like its a good thing

ramseames

Postby bels » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

- Monday: Best offers

- Tuesday: Offer accepted :woop:

- Wednesday: Someone has offered more do you want to increase your offer.

>=|

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 am

nice little article about someone living in the Nakagin Capsule tower. Odd that the author says that the idea never really caught on despite the fact that capsule hotels follow a very similar typology.

also it's on arbnb lol

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:19 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:50 am

Yeah, they are smaller, not really human sized. Pre-fab seems pretty similar to modular though, with the added bonus that you don't have to worry about the old part being incompatible with the whole or if one part is falling apart. The hsbc building in hk was built out of huge pre-fab units that they just hoisted into place, pretty incredible. Also my friend was telling me about the stuff you can do with grasshopper/rhino and excel to build up forms. You can set it up so you define the types of programs and how you want each module and other information and then it can generate a typology out of the data.

about your second bit. I'm basically living like that now and it's not too bad with the exception that I have to eat out all the time. It's not like I really have to do anything in my room besides sleep, shower, and go on the internet so I dont mind. I'll have to take a picture of my space sometime.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:59 am

is a cool modern implementation of the modular thing for houses.

My parents house was built in the 60s by their neighbour who bought a kit from a magazine. Always thought that was pretty nuts

stappard_

Postby smiles » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 am

luckily for me, eating out is quite cheap and you can feed yourself with good food for £10 a day or less. When I went to London it was a different story... only could afford pret.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby yubbermax » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Awesome apartments near me built in refurbished mills. They have high ceilings and some exposed brick. They're expensive and they don't rent to students.

yubbermax

Postby bels » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:15 am

I think Smiles might be living the life I always imagined for myself when I was a kid. Post pics of your space smiles so I can live vicariously through you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm

sorry for the crap pictures. dunno, I don't think you want to live here vicariously or otherwise.

This is the main area and as you can see it's quite small. There's a reasonably big bed on one side and a cabinet desk system on the other. The fridge is tiny :/ If I were to live here for like a year+ I'd probably install some shelves so I could have room for some books and stuff.

The other area is basically the bathroom which is a combination shower and toilet. It's actually quite common in HK and not as weird as you'd think to use. I like the bathroom because it gets a lot of light. The most negative aspect of this place is the complete lack of any kind of kitchen. The counter space is taken up by a sink with a tiny amount of free area.

overall though, I don't think i'd really need that much more space. Just a bit more storage area, a kitchen, and maybe a slightly enlarged main room so I could have a couch or chair and a table at least.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby chilljin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 am

happy with new room
tho im shit at takin panos

http://i.imgur.com/MhCiRWM.jpg

chilljin

Postby iwtt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:32 pm

just moved into my first apartment. i still haven't bought all the furniture i want but i'm quite happy anyhow. my friend seemed too comfortable for me to ask him to move for the picture.

iwtt

Postby bels » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Can't believe how bad my apartment sucks compared to everyone else's room.

when I was a teen I always wanted to live in a tiny apartment in a big eastern city.

When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be some kind of tech nerd so mission accomplished on that front at least.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:13 pm

For some reason the estate agents cut the toucans out the photo of my room when they put it up on their website. Amateurs.

stappard_

Postby bels » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Why did the estate agents take a picture in your room? Are you renting your room out as well as your house?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Last edited by rjbman on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed your youtube link smh bela
bels
Yung Winona

Postby Suquida » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 pm

CBA to clean up before posting but whatever right

Pacha :3

Suquida

Postby ramseames » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 pm

yet another reason never to buy an eames chair:

http://instagram.com/onmyeames/

ramseames

Postby bels » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:46 am

What were the other reasons? Serious Q.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:42 pm

mostly just how oversaturated they are

http://offbeathome.com/2012/03/decor-trends

they're really gorgeous and nice to sit in though

ramseames

Postby odradek » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 pm

"these things are great but many other people like them too"

odradek

Postby ramseames » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:55 pm

i know you're aware of the distinction between appreciating something vs owning that thing. the thing itself vs what it connotates

the original post was made because i thought that what i linked was particularly masturbatory, not in an attempt to deride anyone who has one of those chairs, for having their chair

ramseames

Postby odradek » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 am

"other people jack off with dicks so i don't want mine"

odradek

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:26 am

ok come on guys you're pretending that the coolness of a thing isn't affected by the other people who use/wear that thing. Tons of things are really cool in theory but in practice they're associated with people that I don't want to associate myself with. clothes can be played out so why not chairs? it would be nice if i could ignore that but i guess i'm not at that level of nirvana yet

mc-lunar

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 am

unrelated to any prior discussion, houses are cool but remember, just like clothes: if you're an awesome person, your house becomes way more awesome. And if you're a shitty person your house doesn't matter no matter how nice it is.

yoyobeat

Postby australia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:14 am

Moving into a new place soon and re-doing/buying my bedroom/bedding/etc.

Recommend me cool stuff. Art, bits and pieces, linen, furniture, whatever. Ideas I have so far:

- plants: snake plant, aloe vera plant
- coasters: http://www.kielmead.com/coasters/
- bedside lamp: http://shop.onefortythree.com/collectio ... swing-lamp http://shop.onefortythree.com/collectio ... rson-light
- throws/blankets: faribault, pendleton, bemidji woolen mills
- bedding: rough linen
- art: http://www.artelino.com/default.asp

australia

Postby bels » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:54 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 am

150k around here can get you like 1,500sqft+ in a condo. ~1,800 in some houses. I'm young, but dang it's tempting to go permanent-residence shopping.

Now, on to two questions (hope this thread is okay)

Anyone have good places to look for pictures of more kooky kinds of homes? Less 'open concept' and more weird room shapes, secret passages, odd staircases, cozy little libraries sort of thing with a ladder that goes around, cat walks, rotating walls, towers, spires, that sort of thing.

Second, any recommendations for a chaise lounge chair? (this style-- no sides, curved:

This pic is for shape reference only, any help or direction (beyond what I've been doing- amazon and whatever) would be awesome! Budget is flexible, would shell out if necessary, as this shape of chair is da best for good-back-angle/under-knee-support/raised-legs seating.

Alternate request, something between this lounger and a desk chair -- knee support(ie no gaps between seat portion and down to a foot portion), not a straight back, but still can sit at a computer? I have no idea how or where to start, I feel like I just joined mfa and need help browsing jcrew -_-

IsaiahSchafer

Postby g2x222 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:53 am

the term you're looking for is "zero gravity chair". There are zero gravity lounge chairs, but there are also computer chairs (these can get pretty bizarre - you've been warned)

g2x222

Postby maj » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:27 pm

just paid the deposit on next years room, it's quite a large upgrade in terms of decor and fitting finish (no mould in the bathroom!) but even better it's quite a hefty amount less a week which is great. the icing on the cake is that it's half rent over the summer when the room we're moving into is getting built with an en-suite. roll on july!

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Care