[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby can- » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:51 pm

what's up w girls w stacked ankles wearing marant style wedges

2019 this post is kindve gross but its here and i wrote it so im not going to delete it but please accept my apologies

can-

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Syeknom » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Got some photography of that?

Saw a dude in an ss13 Stephan Schneider shirt in bxl the other day, was stunned to see someone wearing him out and about. Not common around here.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:20 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 am

Ooh, some really good stuff there. Nice selection of OneNineZeroSix and Tender

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 am

got some washed apcs sized the same size as my n&f jeans. they are too loose in the waist but at least i can use the pockets.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 pm

i thought this was quite a good watch if you have an hour free

edit: This is the only one of these videos i've found to be worth my time so far, in case you decide to watch some of the others

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I've got to rest my head but that looks jolly interesting, cheers

Syeknom

Postby can- » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:35 pm

how come short sleeve button up/downs almost always have single stitch plackets instead of the double sided placket common to most casual shirts?

i bet Syeknom knows

can-

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 am

I bet he doesn't, sorry!

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 am

Just make something up syek.

ben it's because Prince Henry Of Trachtenburg invented the short sleeve button up. He was an avid angler and wanted a shirt he could wear without the cuffs getting wet so he asked his tailor to create something. Work took longer than expected though, and it was only 14 years later that the tailor unveiled the short sleeve button down. By then Prince Henry lay on his deathbed, fatally wounded from his involvement in the hundred year war and his feeble fingers couldn't negotiate the increased fabric thickness caused by a double sided placket.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 am

Oh silly me, that's right indeed.

Trachtenburg is now called Żmigród.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 am

Put on that brown linen suit I own this morning and it looked shocking. Like some terrible 70s disaster. Charity bin I think.

Now wearing my Emmett shirt which I like, except that the collar looks absolutely rubbish without a blazer. It's about a thousand feet long so looks good when the blazer props it up, but when it spreads out I look like I could take off if I ran fast enough.. I'm not going to just sit here all day wearing a blazer though. There's only one guy who wears a blazer on the entire floor and he wears sandals with it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:16 am

Wear the linen suit with the collar of the shirt over the lapels and the top few shirt buttons undone

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 am

Sitting at my desk wearing my blazer. I think this blazer is too small.

caring about clothes is such a double sided thing. On the one hand when you have your shit together you feel great, on the other, anything slightly off tears bits off the edge of your brain.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:47 am

I'm wearing point collars today and it's driving me crazy every time I take the lift or go to the bathroom and see it in the mirrors. Stupid way to feel.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry ben, no camera on my phone and had to shed my clothes the second I got in the door exploding with sweat and sorrow

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Syeknom

Postby lanky » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 am

I've been thinking a lot about the idea of attractiveness in fashion a lot, and how it usually isnt something that I go for, and it seems like a lot of people here are similar.

i know that when i judge people on what they're wearing i usually dont judge it based on attractiveness, unless its sexual at all and then idk. wbug?

lanky

Postby bels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:25 am

Pretty sure I actually do go for attractiveness a lot. Try not to let it be the sole motivator of my fits every day but there are times when I deliberately think "What would be most attractive to most people and inoffensive to the rest."

Sometimes also feel like I should just buy a lot of blazers because people treat me better when I wear them. Which is sort of maddening because I don't want to wear blazers all the time, but to not do that feels like letting an advantage slip away.

Anyway, obviously these things don't rule me entirely, but I definitely think about them because I would like to have sex again this year.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:22 am

feeling attractive is a basic human motivation/desire. if certain clothes help make you feel attractive when you wear them, wear them

can-

Postby adhi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:22 pm

i think wearing the clothes that you feel help express yourself could be the most attractive. my thought process:

self-expression ---> confidence ----> attractiveness

you can wear fits that people may consider 'isolating' but act like a normal human being or even a charismatic human being and be attractive that way. i don't wear edgy stuff so i can't talk from experience

adhi

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm

why single needle vs the many alternatives people buy into the weirdest details

ramdomthought

Postby bels » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:08 am

Saw this tillmann lauterbach stuff elsewhere and thought it looked cool, but when I went to their webstore everything in it looked dire:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Those jackets are excellent

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 am

Just went and looked at the new Dries Van Noten collection in town, it's unbelievable in person. Seriously my favourite collection so far - the dark floral stuff is just sublime and the fabrics are thick, soft and chunky. Was really taken by a dark floral long-sleeve jersey and some of the shirting.

Some excellent shoes as well - black derbies with vibram ripple soles and big commando soles.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

who invented painter pants? dickies?

can-

Postby bels » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:47 pm

pics please

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm

there are variables but main touch points include reinforced back pockets, hammer loops, small side pockets and can stretch to include reinforced knees etc

these are a pretty aggressive repro from the looks of it. I wear a pair from carhartt without that crazy reinforced front and I always had a pair of levis painter jeans growing up.

can-

Postby lanky » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 am

There's this guy that climbs at the same gym I climb at who wears painter pants that he cropped just by cutting at the mid-calf level and its a super interesting play on masculine/feminine energies.

lanky

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 am

i like listening to designers talk

germinal
Garminlad

Next

Return to Tags