[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Future Is Curatorial

The Future Is Curatorial

Clothes

Re: The Future Is Curatorial

Postby vgtbls » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:31 pm

The LL stands for LifestyLe

vgtbls

Postby nick » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Anyone else irrationally obsessed with the exterior appearance of their wardrobe? Mine is split into a "Spring Summer" side (Bottom) and "Fall Winter" side (Top) - and the Spring/Summer side just looks ugly. I keep thinking about what items I can sell that will help put it together, but that's a silly reason

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bird.in.flight » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 am

(ten char)

Last edited by bird.in.flight on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bird.in.flight

Postby needlethatsings » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Current shoe collection

Vans Slip Ons, NB 574s, NikeID Blazers, Grenson Walnut Calf Derbies, Grenson Finbars, DM 1461s.

Deets on the custom Blazers

needlethatsings

Postby finolino » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:28 am

halfway done with my graphic tee collection, not counting the two supreme tees in the mail!

finolino

Postby Soruk » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 am

Really like the concept of this thread!
Will post in the near future!

you can call me david
Soruk

Postby nick » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Since this is also the happy victims thread, here is the bulk of my Engineered Garments collection. Got a few pairs pants and a couple t's in the wash, a couple unpictured vests/shirts but this is it for the most part.

Keep your eyes on the care-market since I certainly dont need this all. Most is from rak, sample sales, etc but that being said not having bought any (okay, 1 pair of f/w pants) in the past couple months my bank account is a lot happier ... still, my hesitance to share this was out of my spending habits being judged. I'm doing fine!

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby can- » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:23 pm

the boys

can-

Postby rjbman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:21 pm

My turn

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby tttigre » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:38 pm

I've been interested in the idea of owning series of clothing, i.e. the same thing but in different colorways, the essential idea being finding a piece with a cut, shape, or jizz that you really like and exploring that with slight variations. It's an extension of how I view art (and my own creation of it) in general; can I make this piece a part of a series? Episodic? A triptych? I had white and black pairs of those Nikes, but they weren't exactly the same so I never viewed it as a true series.

But today I completed one!

Graphic tees for Maison Kitsune by a Dutch artist I really like named Jordy van den Nieuwendijk. It took a few months of tracking and shipping from three continents, but I have them.

Does anyone else have a series of clothing, or is interested in the concept? More than just "the same AmAp tee in eight colors", but a series that was legitimately curated, to keep with the thread nomenclature?

若者文化
tttigre

Postby kindofyoung » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

kindofyoung

Postby maj » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:01 pm

after 2 years i finally completed the stoney set, 4 seasons, 4 camos (there is a ice jacket before this BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT)

aw13 flecktarn

ss14 dazzle

aw 14 tortoise

ss 15 flowing water

v happy with this as i love the pacified and re appropriated colours as graphics, for example flowing is actually a recolouring of the Indonesian flowing blood camo. the dazzle pattern is my all time favorite camo as it's so absurd but genuinely works, it was also the first one i got for the set. i got the flecktarn today after wanting it forever and deciding it was never going to re-appear in a good condition/ my size, i've seen it on the street 3 times and on every occasion i've almost broke my neck looking at it. the pattern is rescaled on the hood which is v fun. only when i was browsing dodgy boutiques on the web for weird stoney buys did i find this in the clearence section, i wash shocked; even more shocked when it was my size

:sweg:

may be interested in this because of #GottaCatchThemAll #sets

maj

Postby bels » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Is stoney really pacified though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:53 pm

stoney is v pacified

all their tech goes into making biking easier

or actually wearing ur sick NEO LUXE £500000 hand painted liquid reflective ice jacket made of metal up a mountain.

don't think they've ever done a proper camo that hasn't been re worked? they just take practical military design, fabric research and turn it into civilian garms, their focus in ad's is even in utility, technology and the product rather than their military style queues. they don't publicize it like marioyoshi, and it's not explored in the same way as raeburn, but these are definitely practical civilian clothes opposed to army surplus. similar to that of acr, they just want 2 make ur trip around town in the cold/wet/sun more stylish and practical.

maj

Postby maj » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:39 am

THE SET IS DISBANDED

turns out the hoody has 5-7 holes in the hood which went all the way through so it shall be returned, sad day 4 me.

so close yet so far

:((((((

:((

maj

Postby 3hunna » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Decided to post pics of my vintage Helmut Lang LCM collection before it's disbanded

from Spring summer 1998, featuring part of my helmut lang bomber thing, probably going to eventually sell it as the fit was never right for me.

from spring summer 2003--my favourite coat that I have at the moment, the sleeves are a bit long, but other than that I'm happy with the fit

from spring summer 1999

Posted them all in my last waywt:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&p=64037#p64037

edit: do u think I should get the sleeves shortened on the black coat, or is it fine/better as it is?

3hunna

Postby bels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:54 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby okuu6 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Sorry for the potato quality pic. Not really a recent one since this was taken a month ago.

Most of my wardrobe consists of Rick Owens with some Julius and BBS. I'm trying to focus on curating a wardrobe that is as versatile as possible.
In terms of outerwear:
- 2 hoodies (the gimp hoodie is not in the pic)
- a tailored suit not shown in pic
- a Julius blazer
- a RO leather and a Julius leather
- a RO hooded bomber
- a RO wool hooded coat from limo for the cold days of winter. (not shown because recently copped)

This is a sea urchin.
これはウニです。

okuu6

Postby AmericanPie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Getting the band back together

AmericanPie

Postby Morlin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 pm

can't be wasting my time with other colors

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby germinal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:55 am

As some of you may know I rather enjoy the works of Belgian designer Dries Van Noten and, in fact, he was the man responsible for getting me into designer fashion (whereas previously I was only interested in suiting). Seeing his AW13 collection in its totality in Antwerp opened my eyes, and then SS14 - my favourite collection of all time - was a revelation. Very moving collection and one that helped instill my love for designer clothing.

My love for his clothing is rooted in their delightful elegance, beautiful patterns, vague louche decadence and softness of character. Having easy access to his collections is one of my favourite things about living in Belgium - indeed the majority of output from each season doesn't make it to stockists elsewhere. Also, it's easy stuff to find second hand here (although finding the fire-emoji-level-garms is the challenge).

After visiting this year's sample sale recently I decided it's time to get my garms together and take stock of what's what.

All descriptions left-to-right.

Syeknom

Postby nick » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:31 am

do you have a minute to spare some insight into your revolutionary "New Game+" strategy, where you quit your current game to start a new one using the knowledge you've acquired? What LOOKS have you gone through? How often do you do this?? Does it result in your keeping a "capsule" wardrobe???

Thanks

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am

Don't sell all your EG nick the market wouldn't be able to take it.

Hyper inflation would set in.

Daiki would have to buy back all EG in the system and re issue it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:52 am

Don't you worry about me. Was just curious because I think it's a really cool approach. Personally I'm in far too deep to quit now.

In fact, I've decided to tackle my EG fatigue the only way I know how - by doubling down on EG. Don't be surprised if I start wearing a tie, vest, and two jackets at once topped off with a bucket hat like some sort of Daiki Dandy.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby smiles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:33 am

Hmm.

I've had an undercover look, a yohji/Comme look, a minimal yaeca/japan look.

next?? who knows?

concepts produced in collaboration with iliam
one full look for various designers
pre 2000 only
only calm clothing
museum tier only

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby smiles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am

Ques, museum tier is something that would/could be displayed in a museum.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm

museum tier should be dress like the docents.

One full look for various designers is a Very Good Concept.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:21 pm

what exactly do you mean?

i would classify those aitor throup trousers you posted as museum tier.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Eddie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Except I have no desire to frame my clothing that way.

Last edited by Eddie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie

PreviousNext

Return to Tags