[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Eyewear

Eyewear

Clothes

Re: Eyewear

Postby vgtbls » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Hopped on the clear frames train, enjoying these so far. This is probably the widest frame I can get away with.

vgtbls

Postby germinal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 pm

saw this on tumblr, wish i knew more

germinal
Garminlad

Postby ramseames » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:00 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/129573247[/vimeo]

http://www.aetherapparel.com/collection ... t-sunglass

http://www.aetherapparel.com/collection ... r-sunglass

these look rad but they're also like, $600.

ramseames

Postby mknro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 am

just got these off mr.p sale before they sold out

mknro

Postby mu_ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Been wearing these for a few months. First glasses I've ever worn in public, after a decade or so of contacts. I where these full time now

check out the after-gym I took just now

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby hirokinakamura » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Copped some sunglasses from retrosuperfuture, looking for some feedback. Are they too big for my face?

Gotta say tho, they're super lightweight and very comfortable.

Yes, I shaved.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby thecanadiancook » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Are clear frames still cool?

I've been looking at some Warby Parker to replace my old ones. They aren't bad I am just worried the arms are a little too high. Thoughts/opinions/suggestions?

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:16 am

anyone whos looking at designer glasses, i have connections at ssense so you can take advantage of ~40% off plus the shitty canadian dollar

mc-lunar

Postby freddy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:43 pm

I like these Dior Composit frames that are 62-12-150. However I would like something in this style but wider in width. Does C-T have any suggestions?

Also, another issue is that they slip off my nose; I could get the temples heated-and-bent to fit my ear better, but the nose-pads don't grip on my nose. Is there some sort of adhesive rubber I could stick on to the metal one without replacing them?

Edit: found them

And on that note, in generality, suggestions for frames--be it sunglasses or eyeglasses--that can accommodate a wide face would be greatly appreciated as well.

freddy

Postby wax » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:49 am

I'm looking for a pair of sunnies to replace my moscots which I tragically left on a bus.

I tried on a pair of garett leights and they looked pretty good and seemed fairly quality:

Also contemplating these bespoke dudes:

But I haven't had a chance to try them on. I get really nervous about buying sunglasses without trying them on first because there's such high potential for disaster. They're half the price of the Garett Leights, so still kinda expensive, but I've no idea on the quality. anyone handled a pair in person?

wax

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21 am

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby thecanadiancook » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby germinal » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:48 pm

clear frames are transitioning into very thin frames (round) which will transition into very thin frames (square) i.e. remember when specsavers adverts were sexy not funny

germinal
Garminlad

Postby raags » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:06 pm

I want some Story MFG clear frames. Anyone wanna sell me their pair?

raags
Best Dressed

Postby bels » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Thin frames is going to be shit for me. My thick ass lenses can't fit in thin frames.

Agree that they're coming back though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Have you got new, square specs?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby titkitten » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:38 pm

i've been looking for a new pair of frames for years. literally years.

i've looked at a bunch of frames over the years at a bunch of opticals and i hadn't found anything that i really liked on my face (although side note mykitas are an absolute pleasure to handle and wear). i was ready to give up. maybe there's just no hope for my face.

on a whim, i stopped by cutler and gross yesterday and i discovered a wonderful pair of their vintage frames. a christmas miracle! i went back this morning right as they opened to pick them up:

Last edited by titkitten on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
titkitten

Postby argew » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:43 pm

been wearing glasses for about 6 years now, i've always had angular(-ish) frames, but i was never really content with them
was really afraid round frames would look awful on me, so i always disregarded them

i guess you know you're tired of your glasses when you avoid wearing them as much as you can out of insecurity

went looking for my 4th pair last december, looking for something different than the angular frames i had always worn
had a budget as to not blow too much money on some frames i'd grow to dislike within a couple of weeks

i had never really known what i wanted with my previous pairs but this time i knew it was going to be a tortoise, round, thick framed pair
went to specsavers and instantly liked with these, guess the price:

glass in front of my front camera is shattered, but here's an attempt at a close-up:

really happy with these thus far
i think i won't grow to dislike them either cause i chose them completely myself and i know what i want at this point

argew

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:04 pm

been wearing eyevan 7285s
got them while in asia, seems like not much of the catalog makes it to the west afaik
acetate with titanium core, made in jp

Image Image

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby CMYK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Spring is coming/I've been wearing my glasses more and more. How does one go about finding good clip on shades? Are there any companies known for making especially good ones?

CMYK

Postby bels » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:51 pm

just buy these

http://www.theoldglassesshop.co.uk/clea ... unglasses/

Though they've bumped the price £20 since I've bought them.

(white tee shirts and scowl are optional extras)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby parastexis » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:47 pm

need a new prescription but picked up a pair of mykitas

parastexis

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 pm

john denver

BIGBEE

Postby WussWayne » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:07 am

Tinted lenses on prescription glasses are cruise control for cool. I keep seeing them in a lot of jp fashion pics

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Bought the widest model of mykita mylon (the daggoo) from ssense the other day and they still don't fit

Had been really set on this brand for a long time, and they're so ballin in person, but they're just too narrow. I'm kinda crushed.

Anyone else else make something comparable that comes in at like 150mm frame width? I know I'm not going to find anything like the mylon material, but maybe there's another brand doing similarly interesting stuff.

ramseames

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Isn't it a big risk to buy frames/sunglasses from Ebay or on final sale if you haven't tried it on? It seems like the most dangerous thing to me, but a lot of people seem to do it. Just a matter of finding something that matches your face measurements or whatever?

Bonobonobo

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:19 am

Would love some specs like either of these from trainspotting. Recs appreciated

Stingray Sam

Postby rjbman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Looking into Warby Parker shades - jorts?

ImageImage
ImageImage

My alternative is picking up a pair of knockoff raybans for like $20.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

PreviousNext

Return to Tags