[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Car broke down, feels bad. Had to have it towed home, guess I'll be walking for a bit until I decide to have it repaired. I won't need to sell garms to pay for the repair which is nice.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Stolsdos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 pm

I had an interview for an internship today. I thought the questions they asked were pretty easy, but I have no idea because this company sends random rejections to people for seemingly no reason. If I got it I would probably cry(it'd be in NY/Chicago). If I don't that sucks but I mean w/e. I'm also fairly confident my roommate will get it so that doesn't really help.

Stolsdos

Postby radicalbusiness » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 am

Just got back from farm to table fundraising dinner for urban farm I work for. coordinating it was probably so far my biggest and most stressful undertaking in my life. 200 people, sold out, food was amazing and we got $$ (those booze sales). First time in awhile I feel proud of myself (not to say I made it what it was, had a ton of help). More than anything though I am just so absurdly relieved, had no idea it could feel this good to be DONE with something.

radicalbusiness

Postby freddy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Great. So I found out that my gay rommie being weird and shit asking pwrsonal questions catching me off guard has feelings for me.

freddy

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 pm

you still doing forestry or have you graduated? I remember we talked about it a while back (still gonna steal your DBH tattoo idea no shame) and I was wondering where you ended up.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby YoungCanoeist » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Hey! Good to hear from you. I'm a senior and gonna do a fifth year. What year are you in? I completely forgot about the DBH tatt, but it's a pretty cool idea (lmao) so please do it! After going through a few different environmental majors, I settled on sociology and discovered this is what I really want to do. Retrospectively, I can see how I ended up here, because I was always most interested in society-environment interactions.

YoungCanoeist

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:56 pm

I'm out, man. I'm working in urban tree care now - pruning, climbing, removing, invigorating, etc. How's sociology going? What's your aim?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby WussWayne » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:32 am

Been browsing it all day http://www.poopreport.com/phpBB/

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby adiabatic » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Does pulling on the fridge door once every twenty minutes count as exercise if you don't end up eating anything?

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:51 am

Best tree I've seen is hard to say because they're fascinating in so many different ways. The big ones are always awe-inspiring. We installed lightning protection and support cables on a two-stemmed tulip poplar where each stem was 40". With those, when you look up and see a guy in the top of the tree it kinda feels like when you're in a plane and you see cars on the ground.

Some of the more interesting trees are the ones that shouldn't be alive. Trees can sometimes take a surprising amount of abuse, so I've seen individuals whose stem goes up a couple feet and hits a sharp right angle because thirty years ago another bigger tree fell on it.

I was at a client's house recently got to work with my favorite tree, Devil's Walking Stick. I love it because the stem looks like someone took some old bones and made them into medieval instruments of torture but it's got the largest leaves of any tree species and when the leaf bud is just opening at the start of the spring, that mean-looking stem produces some of the most gorgeous purples and greens on the new leaf growth.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:47 am

We should if we don't already have a WAYWT Halloween costume thread. I don't have a cool costume but I'm sure some of you have some awesome stuff.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby tomsfood » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:40 am

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby alby » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 pm

so when Rodeo came out I thought it was pretty mediocre and was just a bunch of party bangers. birds came out and I was digging that more than rodeo, so I went back to rodeo to give it a chance. i was high as hell rodeo is so fucking good. better than birds it bangs soooo fuckin hard

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:27 pm

An international student from another school in my system was beaten to death recently. The school is like 30 minutes away from me, never would've thought something like this would happen there.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:46 am

how do you deal with a toxic platonic friend? this is honestly something i've never had to deal with before

idk how but he's managed to make even going out to a bar and talking to girls unenjoyable, it should be a good time but the bars suck and it's just bad vibes every time. it feels like he just wants someone to go to bars with so he doesn't look like he's alone so i'm basically a prop. i feel like he's basically tricking me to come out now by saying people are coming with to hang out and then they never show

it takes a weird kind of person to make even a platonic male friendship seem rapey, i don't trust the dude anymore and i don't know how it got like this. i've tried to set boundaries about what i want to do/what's worth my time when we hang out but it feels like he tricks me by saying that the situation is different than it really is. should i just set my boundaries more emphatically or should i actually phase him out

(couldn't find a more applicable thread than this)

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby tomsfood » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:40 pm

i'm not voting today as an act of peaceful protest against the fascist institution of brunch

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:55 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby adiabatic » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

I voted. With clothes on this year.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby alexander delarge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:29 pm

I have a hard time trusting people who don't fully dry their hands after washing them.

Being young is like being one of these malenky machines
alexander delarge

Postby _Organism » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:51 pm

hey I'm in college now and somewhat heavily considering switching my major to something where I think I might actually enjoy the work (I'm in engineering right now and it seems like a drag, to say the least). I'm heavily interested in working with the environment and was thinking you guys could maybe expand on what you do/what your major consists of? (also, what's this DBH tattoo idea?) tyvm sorry if this is a lot to ask!

_Organism

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:04 am

Spicy week

BIGBEE

Postby adiabatic » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:24 am

Tap left/right to go back/forward between Stories.

Swipe up to view a Story.

Really, Snapchat? That’s like having left/right arrows on the left half of the keyboard and up/down arrows on the right half.

adiabatic

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 pm

BIGBEE

Postby Ques » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:48 pm

not sure whether trump administration means i should want to work for fed gov more or less. getting lots of very vocal opinions from both directions at the moment. would welcome thoughts if anyone has any.

Ques

Postby adiabatic » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:58 pm

I don’t think it should affect your preferences at all, and I don’t think it’d even matter depending on what chunk of the bureaucracy you’d want to get into. What does it matter to you what your boss’s boss’s boss’s boss’s boss thinks?

adiabatic

Postby chadnik » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:29 am

Hi , I have an off-topic question for you, if you don't mind. Is your avatar a drawing of a pair of jeans/trousers, or is it a stylized letter A? It only just occurred to me today, after logging onto C-T after a few months with fresh eyes, that it could be the latter.

chadnik

Postby adiabatic » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 am

Acronym SP12TS-CH in Petrol.

(No, I'm not a great artist.)

adiabatic

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 am

my class registration is 11am EST today which makes sense seeing as registering for classes feels like a supreme drop but with higher stakes

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:04 pm

for the aesop fans

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby oucho » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:26 pm

has anyone ever designed brutalist cottages?

oucho

PreviousNext

Return to Care