[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Ask a question, get an answer

Postby thug » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 am

The title's pretty self explanatory.

thug

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 am

is it better to have many threads that are redundant or few threads that are long and difficult to keep track of?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 am

I think consolidating most of this kind of stuff in rfts has worked pretty well, though sometimes it does get cluttered.

RycePooding

Postby thug » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Starfox64: Is that in reference to this post or..?

thug

Postby can- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:26 pm

what is a body con dress

can-

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

ben, body con = body con(scious), i think, so it's just like a very fitted dress that kind of adheres in a (hopefully) pleasing way to your body. think like hervé leger bandage dresses and what american apparel models wear

schiaparelli

Postby ramseames » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Thought body con was body contour, since they follow the contours of the body

ramseames

Postby sunblam » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Body con makes no sense to me because it sounds like it should be flattering/conscious of different body types but they usually reveal everything.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby charybdis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

I just refer to them as Kim K dresses.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby whinefields » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:17 pm

where can i get needles clothing?

whinefields

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:23 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Will the nanamica x clarks wallabies be available for purchase anywhere in the states? All I can find is that they're going to be sold in a few shops in Japan near the end of December.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby maj » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:26 pm

reading around they're limited to around 500 pair from the discussion on fuk, best shot is proxy pick up if you desperately want them.

maj

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks, will probably end up doing that if they're not $500.

purkinje

Postby starfox64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby purkinje » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 pm

cameron would you mind giving a short review of your supreme flight pants?

purkinje

Postby teck » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm

i have a hook up at north face. what are people's recs for a very warm jacket? i was thinking a parka or big puffer jacket.

teck

Postby hooplah » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:01 pm

alternatives to doc martens 1460s around the same price range?

need a good pair of boots but every time i try on 1460s i feel like an idiot from tumblr

edit: ok i've just learned of solovairs, but they look pretty much exactly like docs so i'd be paying extra for a boot that looks the same as the boot i'm trying to avoid lol

Last edited by hooplah on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hooplah

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Get the MIE 1460s and feel superior inside.

ramseames

Postby suubz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 pm

DM has these http://www.dmusastore.com/p-5277-hadley.aspx that I've had for about a month now and am loving so far. I liked them cause they don't look like docs at a glance unless you notice the tag.

The toe-box isn't as bulbous as 1460s so that might be a dealbreaker for some, but I'm a huge fan of the grain on the inuck leather.

They're made in China, but I contacted DM and they confirmed that it's full-grain leather. Amazon has them for $130 and if you've got prime free two day shipping so yay

suubz

Postby kill-9 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 am

what should I look into for sweaters with low itch-factor? Or they're all about the same (given a certain point) and I should probably just wear a long sleeve underneath?

kill-9

Postby starfox64 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 am

cashmere and merino tend not to be as itchy. also depends on the density of the weave/style of the sweater. heartier sweaters (fisherman sweaters, etc.) like sns herning tend to be heavier and itchier than like fashion sweaters or whatever.

starfox64

Postby potsticker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 am

Itchiest> least itch goes regular wool, lambswool, merino, cashmere, various other exotic wools. Of these, merino is probably your best bet in terms of availability/price, generally should be ok if you've got a tee underneath. I personally find that I itch for a couple days if I haven't been wearing sweaters lately, but then I get used to it, ymmv. I'm willing to bet someone on here (syeknom, bobbin) actually knows wool on a serious level and can chime in.

potsticker

Postby Syeknom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 am

The properties of wool depend an awful lot on the breed of sheep, the climate, how high they live (lowland or highland sheep produce very different wools), how the sheep are reared, when the sheep are shorn (e.g. lambswool or not), the length of the fleece, how the wool is treated and so forth. You can generalise but two wools of the same kind can be drastically different - shetland wool, for example, can be very coarse (often used for tweed) or ultra-fine (used in hand-knits or for baby clothes).

When looking to avoid itchy wools you need to go for finer wools with longer fibre lengths without too many fibres sticking out (one of the reasons mohair can be very scratchy). This can be very hard to assess online though and isn't entirely worth the hassle. If in doubt stick to wools you know like decent merinos. Itchy or coarse jumpers soften up and become much less of a problem with wear so it can just be a case of "breaking in" the outfit. It's also possible to soften them using tricks (e.g. hair conditioner, apparently) but that seems excessive. I'd always wear at least a t-shirt or undershirt under a jumper for a bit of comfort.

Syeknom

Postby yourdad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 am

thinking about picking up the red wing 8106s but i'm not into the brown welt. anything similar with a black welt or should i just colour it?

yourdad

Postby RycePooding » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 am

Not that I know of- but just a heads up, I own the work oxfords and I sized down a half size from my red wing boot size (nike-9.5, red wing boots-8.5 work oxfords- 8).

Really great shoes.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:48 am

can someone explain ankle boots and wide legged jeans/trousers to me? do we like this look?

can-

Postby charybdis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Depends on how long the trouser, since if it covers the boot entirely, who's to know.

That said, I haven't see it in person, but it does sound like it would have a cartoonish jizz. Might be cool depending on what the boot and the trousers look like.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Whype » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 pm

What is up with the MMM numbering system? Does it mean anything?

Whype

Postby pips » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Here's a great guide on the various MMM lines and history of the label:

pips

Next

Return to Tags