[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby lotion » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:24 am

I preordered shoes from a brand a year ago and they're not here. is this normal? Shoes take a long time?? They had to source new fabric??
they still post to Instagram and haha the name implies a long wait
Soon (tm)

lotion

Postby sen2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:02 am

sen2

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:51 am

of all the "upgraded" all-white low AF1 variations (prm, nikelab, jewel, flyknit, etc.), which is the most toebox-crease-resistant? that seems to be the main criterion for me in upgrading my AF1s, because i lost interest in my old ones for that reason (don't want warped toeboxes on sneakers i bought for their crispiness)

i guess flyknits would be the most obvious answer there but i'm gravitating more towards a leather version

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby jrisk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

does a budget low profile high top sneaker exist that is not sk8 his or converse? preferably in all black and in suede? canvas is ok too.

not looking for common projects or really any lux brands. I can probably be persuaded if the brand is not common projects though.

jrisk

Postby can- » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:11 pm

who else makes light, crunchy/crinkly pants in chambray or something similar a la EG?

can-

Postby popcorn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 am

are suicokes comfortable? the ridges near the toes don't seem suuuuper comfy and the footbed pretty much looks like a pair of tevas. I guess the more relevant question is- are birkenstocks more comfortable?

popcorn

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 pm

does anyone know where to find a patchbook with assorted textiles (preferably indigo, olive, ochre dyed)? I’m looking to diy some sashiko patchwork

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Tinman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:06 pm

anyone know where a guy can find some size 10 EG new balances?

Finally found a blue/white Story MFG & coat
Tinman

Postby alby » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:59 pm

anyone tried the pixel/computer glass shits? i am now looking at a screen for ~14 hours a day and recently my eye started twitches and my eyes feel sore - I assume due to lack of sleep (working on it) and staring at the screens so much. i have f.lux installed on my home pc for at night which is aight but for the day I could probably help myself out more. would love to hear some testimonials from yall

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ptozzi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:16 pm

ptozzi

Postby alby » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Yeah, I'm on the computer 8 hrs a day for work and then I like to play some video games when I come home. I definitely think I'll give them a go - in the grand scheme of things they aren't that pricey and if they make my life nicer they're probably a good investment.

alby

Postby popcorn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:57 pm

popcorn

Postby Stolsdos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 am

anyone know the sizing on salomon shoes?
probably getting these in particular: https://www.salomon.com/us/product/tech ... -2566091-0

Stolsdos

Postby Malcb33 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 pm

I haven't tried that particular Salomon model but I have owned a few pairs and fund they fit tts but slightly wide. If you have a narrow foot, you could size down a half size.

Malcb33

Postby WussWayne » Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 am

Is Our Legacy clothing/shoes made in Sweden?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby sen2 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:44 pm

How do you guys size Vans Vault vs. regular vans?

sen2

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

depends on the style

i'd say slips and authentics (og shape) fit maybe half a size-ish big because they have a wider toebox, so my rec is to size down half unless you have relatively wide feet

old skools and style 36s i went the same but they also fit slightly larger (in the toe at least) than the regular vans. but you can always lace them a little tighter and get a pretty good fit (as a bonus you'll have that hyukoh tight lace look going on)

fun_yunchables

Postby mknro » Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 am

What do I do to comfortably wear boots that are about a quarter size too big?
Put in some particular kind of soles?
They're mainly too big in like the roof of the front half of my foot.

Tying them really tightly almost sort of allows me to get away with it but ruins the shape and doesn't look very good for the leather

mknro

Postby bels » Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby harmsalmon » Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm

anyone have cool material on pro wrestling + fashion? Collections, articles, videos , whatever.. it’s a plus if it’s really gay too.. i know Thom Browne and Walter van Bierendonck have both done something along the lines of what i’m thinking about :cool:

harmsalmon

Postby alby » Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

how do i buy shorts

alby

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 pm

what's the best place online to get carhartt double-front carpenters? carhartt's home site has a spotty selection sometimes

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Bonobonobo » Sun May 20, 2018 12:03 am

Who makes a good pleated short that isn't too expensive? Like this Uniqlo lemaire ones Image

Bonobonobo

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue May 29, 2018 5:45 pm

what's the ideal length for carhartt carpenters? no break? cropped? enough for pool/stack? (thinking the 3rd for variety personally but open to cases for the other 2)

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Wed May 30, 2018 3:43 am

Julio

Postby BIGBEE » Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 pm

depends what shoes you are going to wear really

BIGBEE

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 pm

i personally like a soft break, mb like 1" longer than ur true inseam. u can double cuff which still works out alright

if u subscribe to the junya look the collab has some carpenter fits which are p cool i like how it's styled here

fun_yunchables

Postby Malcb33 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Thoughts on sizing with regular chucks vs chucks 70's?

The only info I could find is that the 70's fit slightly wider in the toe box, does that sound right?

So should I size down .5 from regular chuck size?

(edit for clarification)

Malcb33

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 pm

does brining stiff pants work? or does a vinegar solution work better? lmk if you have any better tricks for softening pants

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 am

would anyone else here be able to compare sizing discrepancy between first release CT70s and the newer models? my first run pair i went half a size down; bought a pair of lows (2018 release i think, maybe 2017) and i sized the same way, but there's suddenly so much room in the toe (alongside some other tweaks i noticed). should i have gone a whole size down???? this is throwing me for a curve and i didn't get them at a retailer or anything so *shrug*

tryna find someone to trade to a 9.5 with but worst case i'll just keep them >_>

edit: this is funny to me as it follows the question two posts above this

Julio

PreviousNext

Return to Tags