[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - WTAPS

WTAPS

Clothes

Re: "Placing things where they should be"

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:27 pm

http://www.wtaps.com/collection/2015ss/index_e.html

new season of wtaps is up haven't taken a look at it yet. I have extremely low expectations for it

BIGBEE

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm waiting for this and one other jacket with the same type style label to be delivered, was wondering if anyone could 1) identify what's going on with the straps in the bottom left corner(!) and 2) identify the era and any other significance of this 'technical' tag.

yoyobeat

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Found what looks like the same jacket elsewhere, yep! sweet.

yoyobeat

Postby ptozzi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:46 pm

ptozzi

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:31 pm

nice
drake's discovered haven

BIGBEE

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:07 am

I'll be in Japan next week (tokyo, kyoto, maybe other places). I assume I should check out GIP-Store? How does it compare to Hoods?

Don't plan on doing too much shopping while I'm there but I'm down to check out cool stuff that's hard to find in the US like TNF purple label.

Not gonna lie, I'll probably get that poncho.

thomaspaine

Postby ramseames » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:39 am

Gip is cool, I'd go. Nbhd in harajuku is right next to supreme, might be worth going too.

Tnf standard is the best North face store, carries pl and some mainline (its in a block with like 2 others so check them all out. Regular Japanese tnf is still different from what your get here). Nanamica daikanyama/ nanamica mountain are a touch out of the way but they're chill. If you go to that neighbourhood vendor and Minotaur are nearby.

I didn't shop much in Kyoto but the vis store there is very special /conveniently located.

You can write books about this though, it never ends. If you want more info hit me up and I'll go into more detail. (not that I'm an expert by any means)

ramseames

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:05 pm

I feel like batman putting this on. Definitely a silly purchase but who cares. Fitpics as soon as it rains.

thomaspaine

Postby Chimpskibot » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Fewtch wearing the ebbets satin jacket

Getting money is easy...Keeping it is the hard part
Chimpskibot

Postby Minkhoi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Ph
Minkhoi

Re: WTAPS

Postby BIGBEE » Tue May 17, 2016 4:19 pm

old news but I'm glad to see wtaps remaking some of their better gear (imo)

this is a remake of old readypack stuff they did with porter

this reminds me of older jackets they did, and they have done this shape before

I've warmed up to new wtaps but if they could marry their current preppy look with military functionality they would finally have a niche again. They really need to get a better graphic designer too

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:45 pm

dunno why these are cut off here but if you click through to imgur they're not

http://imgur.com/a/3LNlh

last one w the navy jacket over the anorak/hoodie is real hot

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:44 pm

wtaps keeps bringing back old pieces which I like. a lot.

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:55 am

http://zenmarket.jp/rakutenproduct.aspx ... 6:10013189

38 dollar white version of the convertible down jacket wtaps has this year

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:37 pm

http://www.wtaps.com/collection/2017ss/index_e.html

everyone has probably seen this but this is new season of wtaps. It is nice I'm glad they are making the valet coat again.

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:21 pm

yeah they are making them I imagine @cubb

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Which sweater do you have

BIGBEE

Postby anth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:30 pm

here it is! Not sure about what season it's from, just got it a couple months ago off Rakuten. Has nylon padding on the arms along with epaulets on the shoulders, fully wool so its nice and warm, loved wearing it throughout the winter.

anth

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:21 pm

i'm stealing valor

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Spaceman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Is there a way to determine what season my older wtaps stuff came from. I just got a jungle jacket in and was curious. If I post my collection would you guys be interested?

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:16 pm

you can't know the specific season it came from. some of the really old stuff has the year on the tag. I have a hat from 99 that says so on it. its pretty easy to tell what "era" things came from

I'm interested in your collection

BIGBEE

Postby Spaceman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Welcome to my world of Wtaps. Its a small collection but I honestly love wearing (almost, more on that later) every piece. They get regular wear and each time it brings me joy to put them on. It's not a massive collection but its mine, I hope you enjoy browsing.

This collection will be organized in the chronological order I acquired each piece.

Piece: Olive Ripstop Cargo BDU's
Price: $90, used, grailed
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Convertibles! Transforms to a loose and longish short, good weight, baggy, waist adjustments
Notes: My first ever piece of Wtaps, picked them up quite awhile ago and loved them. A little too big and long on me but the waist adjustments help and I pin roll or put them to shorts. I wear them often in spring and fall. No branding whatsoever besides the shorts tab and the ankle adjustments.
Pictures:

Piece: Olive Vans x Wtaps Authentics LX Crossbones
Price: $80, near deadstock, grailed
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: I love the embroidery, box, and woven label (I'm a sucker for them)
Notes: Purchased long after the BDUs. My first pair of collab vans and I love them too. Wear them very often and it can be seen from the inner heel wear (I think it makes them look cooler, wabi sabi)
Pictures:

Piece: Olive WTVUA Crew Sweat
Price: ~$150, retail, Darkside Initiative
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Super soft, the print is nice, fits my chubby body super well, embroidery on both sleeves, fun necktag
Notes: Purchased while at Darkside Initiative while on vacation visiting family in CA, really soft and I like the stocky and short cut on me. I wear it often.
Pictures:

Piece: White/Blue Wtaps x Vans OG Era LX
Price: $85-15 because they came not new, new?, Project Blitz
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Love the sole and how its not just a basic white shoe, goes well with my all blue fits I've been on, woven label
Notes: Bought them and wear them often. Good shoe but the outside midsole is separating really bad, even for vans.
Pictures:

Piece: Blue Made in USA pocket Tee
Price: $27, used, grailed
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Good color, nice feel
Notes: Its too small!!! I don't know why I let the guy tell me it will fit just the same as a Supreme size L when its a Japan size 3. I tell myself I'll wear it when I slim down more (I've already lost like 12lbs :D). It had a stain and the pocket stitching came undone. Good thing it was cheap.
Pictures:

Piece: Red 23RES/Crossbone Tee
Price: $30, used, grailed
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Love the back print, baggy, embroidery on back and sleeve
Notes: Said it was XL, it seems waaaay bigger than that as it is very baggy on me, but it looks kind of cool. Really faded but overall in great condition considering how old it seems. I wear it fairly often. It's wrinkled because it was in my laundry bin.
Pictures:

Piece: Olive Short Sleeve BUDS
Price: $80, basically new, grailed
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Love the feel, the look, everything, classic Wtaps piece, woven label is tite, the shoulder tag is interesting but I've come to love it.
Notes: The hunt is semi over, I finally own an olive BUDS. I love wearing this and I love the look. Soooooo happy to own and wear it. Looks and fits great. One of two of my most recent purchases.
Pictures:

Piece: Black Empire's Service Jungle Jacket
Price: $130
Favorite bits, bobs, features, and details: Everything, contrasting camo under pocket flaps and sleeves, dual pockets and big expandable ones, the back print bones, the name tapes (I love the empire's service tag), the small label below, everything.
Notes: I love owning this jacket, its faded and old and the inner label is falling apart but I love it. I love wearing it, I love owning it, I love it. Pictures don't do it justice imo, maybe they do lol.
Pictures:

Thank you for reading/looking, I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have. If you want more detailed shots of anything let me know and I'll be happy to get them. I'll try and do better to post pics of the clothes on me but my dorm is small and my roommate's side of the room is messy making it hard to take a good fit pic. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby Julio » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am

thrifted a pair of buds pants today. i'm incredibly impressed with the quality.
i was initially going to ask if i could date what season a garment might have come from but i saw 's post farther up and figured that was that

Julio

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:45 am

has anyone bought any taps from this season? is haven correct that i should size up one?

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Bryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm

wya
Bryan

Postby b4my » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:13 pm

i remember when i wanted them to go back to making tacticool military stuff when they did two seasons or so of slouchy 70s venice beach skatewear and now i'm completely turned off by the military stuff and i want them to go back to the slouchcore........thus the whirligig of time brings in his revenges.

b4my

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm

i'll do a rundown of my little wtaps collection when this shirt gets here. get ready for some embarrassing dorm room lighting

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:31 pm

I've been buying up some WTAPS recently maybe I should post my collection too. I need to let some stuff that's too small go so I can get other stuff.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm

realizing now that this is a "collection" in the loosest sense of the term – which is fine by me, currently i'm not super up on the idea of "collecting" any brand other than maybe nike

wtaps just feels like a really cool brand to me. i think moreso than a lot of brands with more grandiose aims, wtaps knows what it is as a brand and always feels pretty consistent and self-assured in its creative output, which speaks to me and i think sort of reflects what i'm going for in terms of my own style. every taps piece i've ever encountered really feels like finding the coolest piece in the back of a milsurp store that looks and feels amazing and works perfectly with the rest of your streetwear gear.

i probably should interrogate why i gravitate so much towards military flintstone in the brands i like and whether i can reconcile that with my politics, but i've come to understand that if you really like a brand as much as i like wtaps asking those kinds of questions doesn't change much

anyway, here's my little collection in chronological order. poorly-lit iphone 5s photos, you've been warned

wtaps x bape (ursa major?) jungle jacket - f/w 2005
absolutely adore this jacket. the fabric is this beautiful cotton ripstop that's almost grey in some lights and olive in others, and the pattern itself is a custom digicamo that was only used for this collection – any time someone says they like the jacket i get a kick out of pointing out the little monkey faces that are hiding among the rest of the camo patterning. time and wear has softened the fabric really nicely, but i can still fuck around and treat the jacket how i want without having to baby it. it really makes a compelling case for the jungle jacket as the best light jacket type and i'm inclined to believe it. also has this jacket i think and i'm sure he'll sing its praises as well

GPS hoodie – s/s 2016(?)
really nice, cozy lightweight hoodie. honestly i haven't been wearing it nearly enough since i bought a black champion hoodie, which probably isn't a good sign, but for two winters this was my go-to black hoodie. i've been considering selling it, if only because it's a great hoodie and it deserves more love than i've been giving it. if you're interested in buying, PM me and i'll give you a good discount

tiger camo BDUs - s/s 2017 "EX.34"
whoever does the pattern for wtaps BDUs isn't getting paid enough. the fit is basically the platonic ideal for BDUs – the pants look equally good uncuffed with a slight break, cuffed, or with the hem drawstrings pulled over hightops. the tiger camo pattern is the best i've ever seen, in the best color scheme i've ever seen, and the fabric is this really substantial cotton twill that ages beautifully. my favorite cute detail on these pants is the tiny lil camo pocket on the left leg: the two main cargo pockets are big and roomy, but this tiny pocket is so small it basically only fits like a chapstick or guitar picks. it's simultaneously useless and cool, because it makes the pocket layout a little more interesting. i do wish they had stuck with the "provides adequate blast protection for the 40% crew" cargo-pocket tape from previous seasons instead of the current exposed buttons, but i still love these pants so much i wear them ad nauseam and have y!jp listings for them bookmarked in case i ever destroy these from overuse and want another pair

agent tee - f/w 2017 "EX.35"
just got this on sale from haven, super impressed with the quality. the body is made of a thick, soft, subtly-textured cotton, and the sleeves/taping is the rare Good Polyester - this thick, smooth poly blend that doesn't wrinkle and stacks nicely. i like that while it's obvious that the contrast taping is influenced by bulletproof vests, it's unlike a bulletproof vest enough to be its own thing: it hints at military influence, rather than being overtly inspired by military gear in the same way that a helmut flak vest is. i'm still getting used to the fit because wtaps has switched up its sizing in the last season i think, so this is a large but it fits kinda like a champion medium (that's the closest analogue i can think of), so it's not as cropped as my (medium) wtaps hoodie from a couple of seasons ago, but it was probably still a good idea not to go tts. the back of the shirt says "POINT BLANK" on it for some reason, but if you see me please don't shoot me point blank in the back haha okay

probably won't be buying more wtaps for a bit for the sake of my wardrobe's brand diversity, but if i sell that hoodie i could maybe see myself getting some super-aggro flak jacket or that carhartt collab jacket with all the goofy words on the back. or maybe i'll get some FPAR instead. in any case wtaps is a Cool Brand For Cool People and i'll always have a soft spot for whatever Tet's doing

Last edited by CheerUpBrokeBoy on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:33 pm

like i said above, cool and consistent. both the people that wanted milspec tac gear and the people that wanted '70s slouchwear might be disappointed but i kinda like wtaps to be in the middle

great styling with the hokas, the knit gaiters and the baggy-but-tapered pants/white socks/black slipons combo that look *just* kung-fu enough

wish i had outerwear money for that first coat. wish i had hoka money too

CheerUpBrokeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags