[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - office trainers

office trainers

Clothes

office trainers

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:02 am

With our new demographic in mind this is a thread to discuss looks which skirt the line between office dress codes and "are they really wearing that to the office?" or "can i get away with that?"

possible discussions:

"Shorts, yes or no?"

"exposed shoulders, yes or no?"

"do these trainers say "business casual enough?"

"riskiest outfit you've worn to the office?"

office waywt (pose mandatory, toilet optional)

think of it like the opposite to casual tie

not to be discussed here:

"what boring chinos do i buy?"

"ahahah i don't have a dress code" that's not something to brag about in this shift of cultural capital where our corporate overlords wear and rick owens.

maj

Re: office trainers

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:03 am

thanks to p3rn i now wear the ultimate office ready item of clothing which is the undercover fuck jumper

maj

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 am

currently debating if i can get away with my acteryx combat trousers, they are black

maj

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:07 am

i wear cdbs in the office as i am in the market for an office trainer (black)

maj

Postby p3rn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:16 am

love being invoked in this discussion.

I am currently in the office wearing a crop top and tabis (and trousers). I work in "fashion" so I don't know what would get me called out. I haven't worn it yet. I have worn my kate moss playboy t shirt and a jpg shirt that is quite sheer, but evidently not sheer enough to call me out on. there's a pair of hairclips in the office postroom waiting to be collected by me. they say "fuck" in rhinestones. I probably wouldn't wear those to the office, though the retailer I work for has sold them.

the classic office trainer is a CP or similar knockoff. axel arigato.

p3rn

Postby griffin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

i wear fake common projects knockoffs (stan smith) to work most days. i showed up on the first day wearing oxfords and everyone else was wearing sketchers slip ons so i quickly righted that misjudgment. Before I started my job, I thought I would have to buy a bunch of chinos but i realized I can just wear maha snopants everyday.

griffin

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:37 am

Bela your arg's are getting out of control

maj

Postby E.T. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am

Most people in my office wear light wash jeans and air monarch type shoes. I wear gats or docs because I live in 2013

E.T.

Postby rjbman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am

im pretty much wearing bright colored shorts and a tee and birks every day

i've worn a corny dixie cup patterned romper

i am maybe 30% that i could wear a legit tank top to work and not get called out

edit: maybe i should go with some Rick

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby maj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

maj

Postby jrisk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:10 am

my work loves it when we wear our embroidered merch but i just can't do it. Everyone else seems on board with it - my coworker even has a winter coat that he wears all the time. I don't think I'd even do an embroidered pata or NF fleece if we did it like any other tech company. I might be a sellout but I don't want to look like one!!

jrisk

Postby titkitten » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:41 am

oh my god i've been recently freaking out about oFFiCe cLoTHiNg because i'm going to start interviewing in a few months... and like... can i wear open toed shoes???????

although i did successfully acquire my first pair of Interview Pants (tm)

titkitten

Postby brlmski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:05 pm

I wear a zip up hoodie even though it's summer because apparently corporations love spending a lot on climate controlling office spaces to the point of uncomfortableness.

brlmski

Postby Benson » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Benson

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:57 pm

i basically dress like i shop at budget 1ldk so either way its business acceptable

edit: alternatively known as the korean blogger girl's bf look

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:04 pm

maybe since i work in america i should only wear tactical gear rothco at work because of all the mass shootings. wyall think

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby maj » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 am

maj

Postby griffin » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 am

Tragic that this is going to become care tags’s premier thread. You either die a hero...

griffin

Postby p3rn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am

open toed shoes should not be worn in an office setting. toes are not work appropriate. socks and open toed shoes are ok as long as you and your office are casual and fashion enough.

there are several people in my office who do not agree with this based on their actual footwear choices.

p3rn

Postby bels » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm

I was honestly so close to quitting the game. Was just wearing black Swrve jeans of varying fabrics depending on the weather, black t-shirt, black Vans Slip-Ons, occasionally a Swrve shirt when it was cold. Wore it for months and months. Hadn't bought any clothes in ages. Didn't really remember what eBay was. Whenever I had to dress differently it felt like an obtuse farce, a waste of time. I was ready to pack it all in.

Then they hired this new fucking guy in hardware design who wore black Levis jeans, a black t-shirt and black socks on his first day, and every day since, for months. (he never wears shoes in the office for some reason, but I'm sure if he did, he would wear black vans) I managed to hold out but after it became clear this was a thing I spiralled out and snapped, jumped back on the bay and since that day I've been back on the wagon, new eBay saved searches, cruising Grailed, spending hundreds on Japanese overshirts, silver foil t-shirts and silly trousers, I even bought some stuff in the most recent MrP sale.

Anyway, what was the question, office clothes? Yeah anyway, the key thing is you need an office cardigan, extra layer you can throw on top of anything, leave it in your desk drawer year round. Most people will have an office hoody but I've never really enjoyed a hoodie. Got a nice Marc by Marc Jacobs piece that I'm going to bring in. That or I might leave one of the five overshirts I've bought in the last two months in my locker.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Here I am, doing some work on-site at the federal office.

Here I am, skiving off work to go to the gym, which isn't notable except for the gym-ready shoes because let's be real, I'm in my mid-thirties and still a dumb as shit hypebeast.

Anyway I haven't been written up yet.

odradek

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm

I've been wearing something like this to work most days since I moved into a new role. I think i've worn this jacket almost every day since I've bought it. Oxfords/t-shirts/jeans from Uniqlo, jacket from Union, shoes are New Balance x Junya. Oxfords are either grey, white, or blue and t-shirts are grey or white. Shoes have a nice squishy sole with lots of traction which is great since I'm on my feet/running around all day. Jacket pockets are super useful for pens/notebooks/box cutters/phone and it's nice and heavy. All of this is inoffensive enough that no-one says anything about it but makes me feel like I kind of give a shit.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby maj » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 am

Bare ankle in the office? Bold

I sock my up like a Victorian lady for the cropped trew

Strong young professional looks tho

maj

Postby maj » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 am

I've come to accept the meaning of smart casual has changed, no longer referring to chinos, brown shoes and a shirt. an outfit which is one step down from business casual of essentially a suit without a jacket.

Now in this mark zucc world smart casual just implies dressing casually, but smart, a great loss imo as our individualism will only be used as a tool for the workplace in exchange for financial reimbursement

however, I'm away at the central company office for the next two days and u know i packed them chinos, shirts and cdbs.

anyway, this is me in my work lift wearing those arcteryx pants i was talking about, i would consider this on the extreme edge, with my finger hesitating to tap the sign except i know if i was an engineer and not a support person, my manager would pass it

maj

Postby p3rn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:20 am

what's more important: your coworkers bigging up your fit or your lunch

p3rn

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 am

My only coworker is Katy but she makes me wear a dinner suit for work hours. She, on the other hand, is wearing a Biggie Smalls tee from 2001 and has toothpaste on her cheek.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:31 am

Actually working somewhere where people care about your physical presence is my dream Bobbin. I could probably wear anything as long as it didn't have a swastika on it and all people would care about is how many jira tickets i closed last sprint.

This isn't a boast. I long for my physical existence to be acknowledged and spend hours agonising about it each day. The thing that pushed me over the edge about the New Guy Who Wears Black Jeans And A Black Tshirt is not that he was dressing the same as me, but when I pointed it out to my office crush she said she hadn't even noticed that I wore that every day.

My boss always wears a peak lapel black suit and a monochrome striped shirt. I panicked for a second thinking it might be Issey MIyake but when I checked the label it was just Next.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am

Anyway, it's all about the overshirt, young HHarisson has figured this out with his chore jacket (though he pairs it with an ocbd, superfluous in my opinion)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 am

As for office trainers probably the best one is the vans slip on still. Better than a CP achilles low because of the profile.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am

I think if you want to get into management you have to wear a collared shirt though, regardless of tech workplace or not. Literally no one in management doesn't wear a collared shirt. It signifies you have enough surplus domestic labour that you can spend half an hour per week ironing things.

The other thing people in management never do; they never put their face in their hands. If anyone sees you putting your face in your hands I can promise you you will never make it to management and at your next appraisal you'll be told you're doing great work but people don't take you seriously because you don't seem engaged. Have you ever tried to make a SMART objective for seeming more engaged? It's impossible.

bels
Yung Winona

Next

Return to Tags