Telfar AW20

Runway & Lookbooks

Telfar AW20

Postby lets.kill.david » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 pm

I know this board doesn't seem to get used anymore, but I would love some discussion on this show, its the only thing I'm thinking about rn.

This collection was fucking nuts. From the knit and leather flare pants, the telfar logo boots and loafers, the fitting and tailoring of the whole thing, Telfar continues to the most relevant New York designer showing, and the only designer that actually gets me excited to see what they put out. I really want to get my hands on the sleeveless cream sweater from look 10 or the new scarf shirts, and the jewelry is definitely something I would like to get into. The reinterpretation of the motocross jean-texture in look 5 was pretty funny I thought, and I really loved the silhouette of look 4. Every pair of pants presented here are 10/10.

Don't really like the new shopping bag colors, besides the chocolate brown one, although silver and gold would probably grow on me, which would probably look best in the mini size.

Also, the set and production was immaculate, the live performances were beautiful. One of the best shows Telfar Clemens has put out so far. although the set reminded me a little of the set from Raf AW18.

lets.kill.david

Re: Telfar AW20

Postby bels » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 pm

I like the tailoring, the throwback nature of it and the bell shaped sleeve ends.

Regrettably the moto patterning on the jeans just reminds me of old luxy brands trafficking on "motorbike cool"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kickingthefly » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:10 am

huh, didnt notice wu & tash in this. ok i retract my negative

kickingthefly

Postby 106-2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:16 am

don't really feel able to comment on the collection itself but super cool that Standing on the Corner scored the presentation

106-2

Postby lets.kill.david » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 am

Hey! Thanks for responding! First thread in 2.5 years to get a response in here.

Y'all raise really interesting ideas by mentioning who is included in the show. I think one of the most important aspects of a Telfar presentation is the community that Clemens is bringing up with him when he brings his shows across the globe to present in Milan (& Paris last season). One of my favorite parts about Telfar shows is how inclusive they are in the fundamental sense, where it's not a bullshit requirement, just how Clemens has lived his life and built his brand; the clothing is typically easily accessible and not something as abstract as a CCP or CDG, and is being presented with models and performances that reflect (queer) black people and (queer) people of color: who are both Telfar's audience/friends as well as a group of people not typically represented at these shows & in these countries & working with these brands (see: CDG wigs).

I love being put on to the music/artists that Clemens is bringing to his shows. HAWA was amazing and the interaction between her music and Standing on the Corner was sick. I love that it doesn't even seem like Clemens is picking artists that are popular to bring a draw or attention, he's really picking artists that he enjoys.

Back to the motocross jeans, I don't know whether this is intentional or not but I think they are funny as shit. The motocross patterning is so played out, especially in designer pieces e.g. with balmain biker jeans, that the excessive use of it is just hilarious to me. especially with those fucking flares.

lets.kill.david

Return to Seasonal Collections