[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Twombly garms

Twombly garms

Clothes

Twombly garms

Postby maj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 am

Thread for general uk centric YOOF CULCHYA, none of that mod and punk shit this is straight 2010+ Mandems.

maj

Re: Wavey garms/ Johnheads/ banter lads

Postby maj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 am

http://shop.palaceskateboards.com/password

Palace drop last night was some next level shit, featuring some sick tech jackets and bare cutNsew. Hojestly the best shit these guys have bashed out for bare.

Picked up a vent jacket and parrot long sleeve.

Although I have now received a call from consortium with them noticing my Jedi price tricks and apologising for marking the jacket wrong, I now have to wait for a refund and rebuy once paypal sorts itself out. He was a lovely chap though would order from again.

maj

Postby can- » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 am

why doesn't chrome offer to translate thispage?

can-

Postby can- » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:45 am

can-

Postby stappard_ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:38 am

huge banter merchant
opens a banter boutique
atelier du bants

stappard_

Postby haz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:01 pm

this thread hits a bit too close to home

haz

Postby Chimpskibot » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Image Is this gravy enough?

Getting money is easy...Keeping it is the hard part
Chimpskibot

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:41 am

bela told me the robert geller zip blazer was 'pong', i was too embarrassed to say i didn't know what that meant. pls clarify yoof mandem

pirxthepilot

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 am

Pong is cts filter for p e n g which implies your blazer is attractive and desirable in the eyes of bela

maj

Postby Thomnd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:26 am

My 50 year old Oor Wullie books taught me pong meant smelly

Thomnd

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:51 am

Last edited by maj on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
maj

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:55 am

wait, now you've confused me and im not even foreign. i thought at least UW and albam were kind of tasteful dad heritage-lite?

pirxthepilot

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 am

maj

Postby stappard_ » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

numerous wavey garmists spotted on a bad choice night out in west london on friday night

not made in chelsea west london but that sort of west london where VICE might write an article about the death of the suburban dream

- zx flux is the crepe of choice
- cdg play matters to these people
- washed jeans. like, really washed jeans. ripped
- fake supreme
- real palace
- nhs specs
- vintage 90s fleeces abound. the weirder the brand the better
- basically the whole feel in Q1 2015 is d'ya-like-dags-era brad pitt

- girls uniform is bomber and docs

Last edited by stappard_ on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
stappard_

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 am

interesting, i don't see this around my bit of east london, possibly im just too old and blank it out, or maybe the whole area is too self-conscious anyway, everyone here either is or thinks they should be a trend spotter/digital brand strategist yadda yadda

pirxthepilot

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 am

maj

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 am

maj

Postby stappard_ » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 am

circa 2003 you were nothing if you didn't have a JD sports bag for your PE kit

the next level was having an empty JD sports bag worn round the front with nothing in it and then refusing to do PE

stappard_

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 am

worcester forgate st maccy's is my fave on a saturday night, just before the drinkers come out around 10/11 you see all the college folk standing about wearing windbreakers and skinny jeans with a shoe of choice. you can tell the difference between the heads and the followers as the ones behind will have whatever the local jd stocks where as the heads will have some pair they travelled to brum too/ scoped out online. several times i've been called out by these people walking back from work when i'm in a si shirt or the like.

the truest head i see on occasion always looks great rocking vntg polo/si caps with his other related bits, huge tnfs paire with some great choice in wheels, puma suedes older c/w's of am1. we exchange nods on occasion.

maj

Postby CPV1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 am

It's all about this kinda look in London at the moment. It seems like everyone I know is cracking out old Fila and Ellesse gear. Like I look around a club these days and I'm surrounded by tracksuits and bobbing baseball caps. Even I bought a couple recently. I think it's to do with garage being so popular again.

Also, I suppose, people not wanting to be seen as "hipsters" while out in trendy parts of London. Like trying to completely disassociate themselves from that look of beards and flannel shirts by taking it super urban and street. As if they're really from the ends.

Started spotting quite a few Avirex jackets out and about as well. Pretty sure that's just because they're always mentioned in early grime lyrics, which is obviously pretty popular these days.

CPV1

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:12 am

maj

Postby maj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 am

maj

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am

tangential but i signed up here after reading a post talking about how cool asian kids look wearing dishdasha, sliders and adidas track top. where can i see/read more about subcultures like that?

edit: i meant that i see that look a lot in my area, just surprised it is relatively undocumented, particularly given that there are like 17 trend spotters in every single coffee shop, also surely kids like that have tumblrs etc

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 pm

Sknss linked me a photo essay about that once.

Alternatively be my friend on line for my mosque creepshots

Wonder if we could get a thread going about it

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wiggly--woo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:51 pm

wiggly--woo

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Everything about that makes me feel like they're misinterpreting several separate trends and then trying to combine them into one thing.

ramseames

Postby wiggly--woo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 pm

wiggly--woo

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Four Pins wrote a response of sorts to the Guardian article

http://four-pins.com/style/nu-lad-worki ... -guardian/

DeafIdiotGod

Postby maj » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Don't like that four pubs article, it presumes lack of shared cultural background. The kids wearing this shit were wearing it 10 years ago when they kicked footballs on the primary school playground, London and the Home Counties were all a wash of sportswear late 90s early 2000's then with lad culture and the emerging distinction of Middle class in the mid 2000s (hipsters, chinos, indie ect) was a reaction against that, subsequent rejection of working class roots, arguably linked to world events and the shift away from Blair government after it appeared to betray everyone. Now in this time of osterity people don't have that same belief that they can drag themselves up, and are becoming more socially aware, as well as other cultural elements from music and film bringing it all together pushing this in the fashion sphere. (Someone takes social sciences, right?)

If this was kids in Eton suddenly donning all this in a vacuum I could see his point, but the fact it's simeotaneous amongst teens up and down the country, combined by teens and other cultural elements pushing it I don't see the argument he wants. While I agree with his argument as a whole when applied to other contexts, using this as the veil seems a bit off, when fashion mega corps start selling it yeah he's got a point (gosha cdg), but teens buying vintage garms they probably owned/ wanted/ knew of at some point anyway? Nah. Also no idea on the race comment? Half this stuff comes from predomantnly White working class and multicultural backgrounds, calling it all "black mans clothes" is sketchy in itself as well as ignorant to the cultural backgrounds of half the things he's listed. Of course there is some exceptions that you can hold to his point, and the gaurdian writing this article probably does seem a little weird considering who they write for, but all in all holding everyone too it seems bare odd.

maj

Postby bels » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Can't tell if the gaurdian typo is the classic diss on their constant typos or just a typo.

bels
Yung Winona

Next

Return to Tags