[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm

can anyone id this EG jacket?

harmsalmon

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 pm

pre ss05 i think

ramdomthought

Postby eufemism » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 pm

want 1 or 2 fred perry polos for the summer. anyone know sites where they're at a good price or even some sales to look out for?

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:12 am

if you're not fussed about buying them second hand, ebay is a goldmine, I have never paid more than £15 for a mainline polo and £30 for a colab/rare colourway. As with all ebay stuff just make sure the pictures are good and the seller is decent and you will get a good quality, well looked after product.

Fred Perry does occasional sales, though its easier to get gear in a brick and mortar store as online usually goes quite quickly. might be able to help you with other spots, that's all I've used :smile:.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby chan0 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 am

Any watch threads?

chan0

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am

stappard_

Postby odradek » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:43 am

mostly just that care-tags asserts that time is a meaningless distinction and any record of it a fool's errand, the wiling away of fractions of your life, the erosion of the facets of personality until you find yourself a grain of sand, as all others, wearing birks and an airport jacket

odradek

Postby Yoder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:47 am

Mentioned this earlier on the page, but I ordered something from Tres Bien during their recent sale, and it didn't work out, bit the bullet and paid the 35 bucks to return it.

Then one of the tres bien reps messages me back, telling me that their return system is experiencing technical difficulties and i should go to my local post office and send it manually.

Problem with this is that shipping to Sweden is like minimum 50 bucks and likely about 80 dollars.

So do you guys think I'm within my rights to ask them to either pay like half of shipping, or ask them to reimburse me like 50% of the cost of the item and let me keep it?

Or are there any other options i'm not seeing? I get that its tough for them to take a financial hit, but it isn't my fault if their return system doesn't work, right? Hoping for a solution that doesn't get me blacklisted and is the right thing to do, not wanting to file a charge back. should I email them my concerns?

Edit: I would sell, but I bought another one of the same sweat (its raf) for like half price from ssense.. could just hold onto it, wait and sell in a while but that means going however long short the 150ish bucks, losing money to paypal, and spending time posting listings/communicating/shipping. Might be my best option though.

Yoder

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 pm

so my HW carter and sons indigo chore jacket came in today. it fits near perfectly in the arms, shoulders, chest and everything..... except its comically long on me (for a regular-length jacket at least).

am I able to get the length hemmed even with the patch pockets that extend nearly all the way to the bottom of it? or does it look alright enough that this can be my official entry into the lcm?

harmsalmon

Postby soundclip989 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Don't you dare hem that.

soundclip989

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm looking for an unstructured canvas backpack for around £50-70 max. Do you have any recommendations? The plainer the better, a single solid colour like black or stone would be ideal. Two pocket (one main one and one small from one) is what I'm looking for.

What should I be looking for in shoe trees and where can I find them in the UK? Price isn't so important here, though cheaper is a bonus.

Sorry for constantly asking so many questions, I feel a bit guilty and thank you for answering the last batch.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby bels » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Muji do plain backpacks. I beef on my eastpack but the quality is unstoppable for the price.

Shoe trees you want them to be cedar. I get "seconds" quality ones off ebay from Cathcart Elliot:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Cedar-Wo ... 6d83b1d073

These also look fine though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-of-Pre ... 3a913207d0

I'd get the full length shaped ones rather than the travel ones but maybe it's not that important.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Ques » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Is the our legacy site generally the cheapest prices that our legacy hits? About to pull the trigger on a few pieces but worried that if I wait cheaper deals will spring up on another site

Ques

Postby ramseames » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Defs check end and tbs first

ramseames

Postby Ques » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:44 pm

when you go to add sale stuff to cart on tbs it says its no longer on sale; maybe prices are currently being adjusted? i'm f5ing

Ques

Postby ramseames » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Email their CS

ramseames

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:47 am

If my head has a circumference of 54 cm, what should the hat's circumference be?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bels » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:01 am

54 cm at its widest point? Then you probably want the hat to be 54cm too if not a little smaller. Most hats will stretch a bit to stay on.

If you get one that's too big you can buy these adhesive hat size adjusters that sick to the inside to make it smaller.

SOURCE:

I have owned many hats.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:12 pm

coolest/favorite shirts of any kind under $150? I know it's kind of a broad question but my shirt department is sorely lacking but I don't really know where to begin with figuring out what I want.

harmsalmon

Postby can- » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

my favorite shirts are gbv, RRL and supreme but this information is likely useless to you

can-

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Vaeltaja

Postby Ques » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 pm

i love our legacy shirting, personally

Ques

Postby eyealt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:23 pm

eyealt

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Vaeltaja

Postby chadnik » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 pm

What's the consensus on Grenson for quality? I'm between them and RM Williams for Chelsea boots (will also take other recs for Chelseas in women's sizes).

chadnik

Postby nick » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby RomanEmpire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:32 am

RomanEmpire

Postby bels » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:09 am

Grensons have multiple lines but in general yeah they aren't great quality considering the price.

Retricker the trickers factory store had some ladies Chelsea boots, though not generally the sanest color ways.

What about some of the euro makers lik meermin or those French ones. Markowski or whatever? Quality isn't trickers but I hear is alright for the price

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 am

Those actually look pretty good, it's the "Hi shine" models that look particularly poor for the price to me.

Also don't know how small you need them but these Herrings go down to 5.5:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-i ... ourid=2751

Also and for the chestnut suede chelsea tip.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags