[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby oucho » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm

this is really funny, I actually love it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EKdeqkYgg[/youtube]

oucho

Postby Rosenrot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Whenever I find an exciting fresh designer whom I'd love to share on this forum I get tired just thinking about having to regurgitate the images and info. I'm glad someone else is doing the thankless task.

Rosenrot

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Any good ted talks (or similar kind of thing) on fashion/designers/labels? Want to stunt on plebs with clothes /and/ knowledge.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 pm

DeafIdiotGod

Postby maj » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:29 pm

wish i could find stuff i liked/wanted off all these hype consignments/ bst/ auction houses/ grailed ect as prices are so low and you get great value for money, but every time i look there is just shit i could never care for and completely uninterested in. think it's a combination of brands i'm looking for not having strong resale markets and tendency to get excited more at what's coming out/ is out than what happened 3/7 even 12 years ago.

i do get awfully jelous about all these mad bargs people grabbing

maj

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:48 pm

how can you be jealous when you got a raeburn jacket for £10 the other day

deadkitty

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm

That's a pretty reasonable way to feel but I think it's definitely so much better than doing what I did over the last year is buying things from grailed and bst and whatnot just because it's a "good" price and in my size and it would be unthinkable to pass up this bargain! and now I'm trying to recover having spent most of my savings on doing exactly that. Like I'm relatively fortunate in that it only took me $90 to realize that street goth isn't really something that I feel comfortable pulling off right now ("only" $90, lol - my thinking is really quite warped), and that a lot of purchases that i "couldn't" pass up were relatively hype things that I'll probably be able to get some retail value for, like wtaps vans or vans x cdg x preme or toj0.

Nonetheless I still have spent literally thousands of dollars, mostly on impulse purchases. (nocop post coming soon, as well as a lot of things in the classifieds, lol). Seriously, be grateful you aren't grabbing these mad bargs - a jacket 90% off is still wasted money if you dont wear it. I know I need to refine my style and spend some time reflecting on what I do have and where I want to go from here. I don't see myself purchasing anything other than concert tickets until at least October.

Anyways, popped into the "motorcycle/goth" boutique down here a couple days ago (for reference, they stock rick, bbs, julius, balmain, tnbp, guidi, geller, and plokhov) and had a really nice discussion with the manager about fashion buys and marketing to specific audiences and the differences in markets. He was a buff dude in his late 30s wearing rick and, and, I gotta say, that style does look really good on bigger dudes (which is a nice change from the waifish sz-image that the brand seems to have on the internet). The way it clings but is also loose highlights fit bodies really well, IMO. But what doesn't look good on fit bodies tbh

Anyways, we talked about his market, which turns out to actually be 50-year-old bankers trying to be cool on the weekends, buying all his Balmain denim in the first week it gets in, instead of the young goths. He's actually having trouble moving rick/julius stuff (which means it's still there during sales season >:D). He talked about how fake canada's a more homophobic city than san fran (kinda obvious) but this carries into there not being a market for the CDG stuff that he'd like to carry and that he has really bad luck stocking pants that even resemble skirts. Plokhov actually sells pretty well there (better than geller apparently). The actual buyers are actually the reason that he isn't stocking stuff like SLP, even though it'd go pretty well with the aesthetic it seems like he's curating - old people can't fit into SLP!

I'm hoping to do some photography/copy/web design for the store soon, so I may have some cool stories about customers and such.

mc-lunar

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:48 pm

all my favourite stuff was cheap shit from BSTs

deadkitty

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

The only thing I've ever purchased from a bst/marketplace is a generic blue Uniqo ocbd (from actually) that I'm replacing because I spilled coffee on it and it isn't really right for me anyway...that was about a year ago. I'm lame.

Blastoise

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:34 pm

I probably would have given up on clothes as a hobby a long time ago if it weren't for BST's, although the end result is that most of my purchases are experimentation rather than getting exactly what I want. Which I'm fine with, honestly.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:51 pm

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Regardless you're being counterproductive. This is a forum and we're here for discussion.

Blastoise

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 pm

@Rep I was referring to his reaction to the backlash on his post, and the second paragraph in his post above mine.

Blastoise

Postby birdman caw » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:42 pm

birdman caw

Postby oucho » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:21 pm

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE COMES FASHION W33K

oucho

Postby hot coffee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Wish would sell online. :roll:

hot coffee

Postby bobo77 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:03 am

bobo77

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:04 am

"Available at twin pop-up stores in London and Berlin."

Seems like an online store is seasons away if they're successful.

Collection seems a lot like the image fast-fashion brands go for. Casual articles like hoodies, tiny collars and top buttons done. Sounds almost like they're putting an emphasis on texture and non-neutral colors ("Created with traditional know-how and cutting-edge technology."), though I'm probably just over-assessing the one page of images they give as their collection. Personally, this doesn't excite me a lot, especially if they're operating above entry level prices. :S

popcorn

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:18 am

everywhere i go, ill advised birks

stappard_

Postby zayg » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm

comfort on a hot day can never be ill advised

zayg

Postby nevergreen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 pm

"what if world cup jerseys were designed by famous fashion designers?"

i thought these were the coolest, but you can see the rest here http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/06/12/ ... p-jerseys/

nevergreen

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 pm

I thought the BAPE one was the easiest move they made, but the most accurate. Givenchy is a close second, Riccardo Tisci would be so excited to put that shirt out :'), and I also loved the fishtail on the rick one, though I associate him more with internet Jarvis shoes than fishtails and bomber jackets.

popcorn

Postby bels » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:23 pm

RAF one seems totally off imo.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 pm

That giant blanket scarf came in (as did the brown one, but that isn't as exciting).

It's got a cut down the middle, sewn at the ends, so it can be worn like a poncho sort of thing.

folded up a few times

Love it, no regrets at all. Not sure if I'd actually wear it as a poncho but now it's tempting, maybe under a parka in the winter or something. Mostly planning to wear it as a shawl with jackets. More to come in the fall.

Blastoise

Postby edward » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:47 pm

If one of ya is planning on making a yoox order in the next 24 hours, hit me with your email and I'll give you "an exclusive hug of an extra 30% off"

edit: code has been claimed

Last edited by edward on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Voidthebrand just came out with new shorts and I almost thought about buying them, but I already have dropcrotch sweatshorts...

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm

mc-lunar

Postby raags » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Raf SS03 had a lot of stuff in a similar aesthetic. My favourite collection from him and that piece is probably my favourite garment of all time
http://hapsical.blogspot.com.au/2012/08 ... acket.html

raags
Best Dressed

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Is there a designer(/designers/design house) you would describe as fitting the rift between classic (<1970's) sportswear and formal dress? ...Raf? Ervell?

popcorn

Postby stappard_ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

First pictures from LCM SS15 are coming in. Astrid Andersen looks great. Looking forward to Margaret Howell tomorrow.

ImageImage

stappard_

PreviousNext

Return to Tags