[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear capes

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:24 pm

, is right. I'm already on it. Me and were actually talking about these the other day.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby mahi-mahi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Would you rather have a few very good things or a lot of good/ok stuff

mahi-mahi

Postby Syeknom » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:35 pm

germinal and bobbin are at least 6 steps ahead of the curve at all times

Syeknom

Postby mahi-mahi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Syeknom how is Belgium, culturally and fashion wise? What made you move there? Planning a trip soon.

mahi-mahi

Postby Syeknom » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello !

I moved here to do my masters on the cheap and stuck around because where I live it's very easy to be quite comfortable. Been here for about 5 years now.

Belgium is bursting with design and fashion - especially Antwerp and Brussels. The population here isn't so into fashion as a consumer sport unlike London and seeing Hip Young Fashion People around the cities is much rarer, but there's an absolute wealth of designer shops, boutiques and independent designers around. Good place to hunt for second hand designer gear too - couple of nice stores in both city that cater to that.

There's also a lot of art on offer in both cities - could talk about this with much more authority than I but it's easy to find excellent galleries and shops just wandering around in hipper parts of both towns.

Both places have stuff going on musically too but I don't rate it so highly there. Some terrific local talent and labels of course, and some good venues but I moved here from Bristol and it's lacking by comparison (as are many places to be fair).

Nightlife here is very chill and I prefer it to the British way most definitely. Go sit outside a bar with a drink and watch the world go by.

If you've visiting then Bruges is well worthwhile as a touristy thing and Ghent is lovely too. For culture and design though, definitely go to Antwerp and explore - I can give more specific recommendations for places if you let me know what you're keen on.

Have a read through this thread too:

Syeknom

Postby vgtbls » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 pm

vgtbls

Postby pips » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:41 pm

pips

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:28 am

I'm about 65-75% sure I helped Kim Kardashian size an American Apparel dress a few weeks ago. She posted a picture on twitter saying how she got this great dress for only 19$, and only a week or so earlier I helped this person size for the same dress with some insane bust-waist-hips ratios I told them to my wife in disbelief and she even said then that either she's lying or Kim Kardashian. I have hundreds and hundreds of chats from the time it happened, so now I'm trying to find a needle in a haystack. #famous

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 am

i'm allowed to be jealous of Sting's outfit right?

Well, mostly the coat. I'd like the shoes for novelty purposes.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby odradek » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:47 pm

I left a bunch of mints in my sock/underwear drawer and everything in there smells great.

odradek

Postby bobo77 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 pm

It's not a good idea to browse Ebay while watching Seinfeld.

bobo77

Postby smiles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:52 am

I'm so ready for 2075.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 am

2075 we will live indoors.

The great outdoors will be hostile, and we will travel from place to place via quantum teleportation devices. Only those too poor to live indoors will live on the outside, and they will be beginning to evolve into an alternate sub-species.

Teleportation devices will be smart, but confuse organic matter during transport. After testing and trials, all organic matter wearables will be banned for safety reasons, and all indoor humans will wear smart synthetics with advanced nanotechnology. We will still enjoy naturals around the home, but synthetic biology will have removed irregularity.

Those who covet the old clothing will gather at meetings to caress long banned leather jackets and cotton shirting. Exchanges will be made using outsiders that transport the clothing on the outside.

One day, Miles returns from a secret meeting to his home which he finds empty. It shouldn't be. His girlfriend should have been home hours ago.

He checks the log - she teleported from her parents to his two hours ago. She never arrived.

Miles hastily checks his sleeve for the news feed.

"MILLIONS MISSING" it reads. "Travellers at 6.02 are missing, in the first case of teleportation malfunction in the history of the technology"

Where have they gone?

Source: I know this is what 2075 is like because I wrote a story about it last year.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby absurdmind » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:18 am

absurdmind

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:37 am

As in found on the neck hem of my shirt... apparently blood dries pink on black viscose.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby weqe » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Finally understand the UB pocket hate. I can get like 3 fingers in :(((

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby MxmHrpr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Man, fuck everything about A.P.C.'s attitude towards denim so much.

Jean is just so snobby about the superiority of his product, contradictory to the fact that their current venture into stretch and different colours is utter trite. Apparently these are all made to the same 17 year old recipe as the originals, so why is the black denim microsanded like some high-street bullshit for softness? Urgh it's just so infuriating as it gives a black warp/weft pair a odd grey suede-nep like finish, lessens durability and they even emulate seam roping on a brand new pair. Nobody wants fade on black on black pairs, please just overdye like the Stay Cash Acne series and leave the breaking in to the consumer like you do for your raws.

Whilst Touitou's at it with that how about making all different denim types available in all fits if he's is so confident that their fits are the best, then why not utilise them? The current model for all non-raw denim of doing limited runs of fabric in different fits is just ridiculous. Jean notices himself that denim has become a staple for everyday wear, then cater to that stable demand rather than strategic cannibalisation bullshit, as that's the furthest thing from what made A.P.C.'s raws successful.

All on-top of this he perpetuates a BS culture of washing and sizing down when not taking part in it himself. I shit you not when I was in the store the other day I was recommended by the SA to dry clean pre-wearing to keep colour in and to size down 4 on NS if they didn't have any PNS in stock and I think they still perpetuate the ocean wash on their tags... Then has the cheek charges you a "human price" for this privilege of misinformation and poor quality product — urgh I'm done with A.P.C. so much.

MxmHrpr

Postby rublev » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:43 pm

i wanted something in the gap sale but for some reasons waited till this evening to get it and now it's gone????

can i blame tom

rublev
Political Editor

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:19 am

Well I did cut my hair, but it was totally before this person told me to! Otherwise an astute assessment.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Suquida » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:12 am

Just got my grail Schneider jacket (clover in dove) at a steal price of $200 thanks to

This is gonna be the hardest wait ever

Suquida

Postby hamburgerlady » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:59 am

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm

http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the- ... 2011/45045

Nice discussion on "Quality" here in my favourite Styleforum thread. Good food metaphor used later on.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mahi-mahi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Just copped the our legacy plant shirt and an nn.07 clay spot print shirt. Shout to the Mr.P sale!! Anyway, trying to dress out there is going well

mahi-mahi

Postby oucho » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 pm

oucho

Postby pei » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 pm

"you were cooler before you based your identity around spending loads of money on clothes"
- a message i got on tumblr

:0)
pei

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:56 am

Last edited by rjbman on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image per request
B)
BobbyZamora

Postby oucho » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 am

high quality is OVER

oucho

Postby rublev » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 am

this dries knit is... killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Muzzle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 am

Biked around town with my uniqlo windproof jacket and pants and now I understand what performance means

Muzzle

Postby JewTurk » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:06 am

JewTurk

PreviousNext

Return to Tags