[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby g2x222 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

g2x222

Postby jrisk » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 pm

haha yeah, in fact, that's him in 's avatar. Pretty sure he dresses a bit better/more appropriate for work. he's definitely capable of it at least.

jrisk

Postby g2x222 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:14 pm

g2x222

Postby kyung » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 pm

http://vimeo.com/89509206

pretty cool short video on blackmeans

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 am

Why are the only options for fuzzy/furry socks either little girl's novelty numbers or Dries van Noten that cost more than my shoes

Btw I would absolutely wear the little girl's socks if they got up to my size but sadly I haven't been able to find any

UnwashedMolasses

Postby RycePooding » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Talking About the Abstraction.

I love this shit, first I've ever heard of it, but this look book is my shit. Anyone know where to buy?

http://www.thirdlooks.com/2014/04/talki ... #more-2997

Tons more great looks in the lookbook.

RycePooding

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:09 am

A conclusion has been reached.

mc-lunar

Postby rjbman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:16 am

Was it ever up in the air?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby insted » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 am

so i traded some UU stuff for these dana lee dad jeans from someone in sweden, and i just traded them to smiles over in hong kong.

meta as fuck

insted

Postby smiles » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 am

oh shit, i sold those jeans to someone in sweden. Bepeu?

are you telling me i'm getting my own jeans back?

brotherhood of the traveling pants.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby insted » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:25 am

oh my god... yes...

insted

Postby rublev » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 am

...time is flat circle

rublev
Political Editor

Postby vgtbls » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm

It may be against the spirit of this forum, but I just got a seam ripper. Enthusiastically pulling the most annoying tags off of my clothes. Also I got a measuring tape so I can more reliably describe clothes I'm selling.

vgtbls

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Sandal recs, anyone?

RycePooding

Postby blankinput » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:11 pm

I think it was maj who said it, but undoubtedly one of the best feelings is wearing clothes in and getting rid of that sense of newness. By taking gratification from that, I don't finding myself wanting to buy much more. Only a few pieces really have my attention right now (EG C-1 Vest, for one), and they can wait while I try to figure out different ways to wear the same stuff.

blankinput

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 pm

muddy waters x thom browne

those lapels...

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm

anyone have any insight into how this is cut and sewn together? especially the sleeves.

http://centerforcosmicwonder.com/goods_en_jpy_248.html

i love it, and want to make my own to skip the $500.

YoungCanoeist

Postby freddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 am

i get so mad when fashion folks act like fuccbois, so fucking heated right now

freddy

Postby RycePooding » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 am

What's wrong ? talk to us.

RycePooding

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:33 am

#stansmiffs

can-

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

I see your Adidas and raise you nike x pigalle sknss

http://www.complex.com/style/2014/04/pi ... from-dazed

So good too good :sweg:

Will be buying AF1 lows and prob one of the jerseys

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby kyung » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:54 am

Not very surprising considering how much visvim he wears. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby maj » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am

always bare annoying when you wait forever to get something and it finally arrives only for you to find out it's too small. although this experience has secured my belief that I'd rather clothes be too big and roll with it that having clothes tight/short if the choice is presented to me.

maj

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Discussing avant-garde in architecture today, I had never thought about its literal meaning being the forward guard, essentially those who push the boundaries of an idea forward. In a fashion context I've most often heard avant-garde used to refer to that which is furthest from the norm, most often designers like Boris Bidjan Saberi, Julius, Damir Doma, The Virdi-Anne. In that sense I think the phrase is misused as that realm of aesthetics is at this point very well codified to where it's just as easy to paint by numbers as with any other aesthetics, and those who continue to put out clothing in this style aren't pushing boundaries so much as looking for fresh takes on old ideas.

With all that being said, who is the modern fashion avant-garde? Is there one? Does the current season-by-season approach of industrialized fashion allow for the boundaries to be truly pushed in a meaningful way? Or does it reside in brands like Bless/CWLS/Kapital, that position themselves as not only clothing brands but microcosms of curated culture? Any thoughts?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm

i think Beirendonck is one of today's avant-garde designers. he definitely pushes boundaries w/r/t his designs and also challenges societal values with his sometimes extremely (often homo-)sexual and 'in your face' designs, as well as putting forth political statements (his stop racism headdress and what not)

admittedly i don't know all that much about Beirendonck or academic study of avant-garde as a whole

JonjoShelvey

Postby can- » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 pm

raf simons is probably the most avant garde designer currently working in the mainstream fashion world, one for his ability to stay ahead of trends, often decades at a time (whether he predicts or determines the direction of fashion is hard to say and it might not matter) and two because most of his work is (IMO) brilliant commentary and often criticism of the current aesthetic, philosophical and economic attitudes of the industry at most given times.

this obviously isn't a very novel thought, but to me raf lives in the same world of visionary genius and execution as old Lang, Margiela and Kawakubo where collections always have really strong internal languages, and at the same time have very clever or subversive commentary about the rest of the (runway) fashion world.

rick owens is obviously a genius designer, but the scope of his design (to make really beautiful or ugly things) isn't of the same stature. labeling the Japanese aesthetic that relies on mostly black colors, light cotton jersey, modal and silk fabrics to layer, and a lot of washed leather as 'avant garde' is totally off base, and I think comes from a place where people still think fitted oxfords and workboots denote fashion. the shuitsang (sp?) aesthetic is very beautiful and masterfully executed but also now right in the mainstream of a certain demographic, and also you have as many people doing it as there are groups printing hashtags on t shirts.

I think older bless is the definitive 'anti fashion fashion' and deserves huge credit. but the market is now surfeit with fans and imitators (no disrespect to the bless ladies because they have and still make exactly what they want to make) so I don't know, is it avant garde anymore now that everyone has caught up? it's very hard to be avant garde anymore with the easy and immediate dissemination of information thanks to the internet.

can-

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

i have to take back 'fans and imitators' because i realize i actually have no idea what kind of timeline solar garden and kapital are working with. what i meant to say is that the bless brand of post-gender, post-body utopic grandma antifit style has really caught on in recent years, and tho this doesn't take away anything from the bless brand, it makes it hard to identify as 'avant garde' when it's been around long enough that enough people have caught onto it and identified it as cool or produced their own version of it.

there are a lot of marginal brands in the womens section of creatures of comfort and OC that look designed to match the bless look, and in the mainstream i think philip lim's mens has all the same fey/soft femme coding as well as the subversion/appropriation of really iconic cultural garments. CWLS garment design and make is also so remarkably close to bless womenswear.

can-

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:38 pm

We're going to try to define what current "avant garde" is and I think it can be done (obviously, as you guys are doing). I lack enough knowledge of history to say who is actually avant garde, but I think it's important that while we recognize someone as avant garde today, because of the internet the idea of avant garde fades pretty quickly as someone else fills the void using the previous cutting edge as flintstone for the new wave of avant garde

ramdomthought

PreviousNext

Return to Tags