[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - bored of this game already

bored of this game already

Off topic

bored of this game already

Postby titkitten » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:42 am

titkitten

Re: bored of this game already

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:54 am

I've always wanted to play some form of grown up board game but I don't want to play with the types that are usually associated with them. None of my friends are very open to the idea of them. Although I do play Magic with some of them after a long day of class.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby silvaeri » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:13 pm

I was in board game club all through middle school and high school. (yeah i was fucking cool, right?).

Most of my collection is home in wisconsin (i hope), but i have my copy of carcassone some where in my mpls house i think.

anyways. I grew up playing a lot of the classics, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride, Shadows over Camelot (!!!), Bang, Risk, and a lot of others I have fond memories of but cannot remember the names for. Also lots of MtG.

Recently I played Incan Gold which is fantastic! and a great risk/reward game that goes very well with beer!

I've learned a lot board games have been ported to the internet now, would totally be down to play with c-t people if anyone is interested!

Also lots of breweries and bars have started carrying the classics so you can play while you drink in mpls and it's fantastic.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby germinal » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:51 pm

i just bought Pandemic for my sister for christmas. Excited to play it. Also really intrigued by the Legacy edition, where the events of each game affect what can happen in future games http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/po ... ic-legacy/

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:11 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby silvaeri » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Werewolf / Mafia / Assassin / any of those variants are a great intro to "games" too. Less board game, more just a fun game. Even more fun when you have an experienced player who can run it.

- yeah i grew up in a suburb just north of milwaukee until i moved to mpls for school and never left.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby soko » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Care-tags should play settlers of catan!

soko

Postby vgtbls » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:09 pm

I've never won a game of Catan :(

I'm not conniving enough.

Actually don't know if I've ever won a board game... Beat my brother in Othello once!

vgtbls

Postby uames » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:48 am

for my first 2 years of grad school i lived with a guy who wrote his dissertation on tabletop simulation and role-playing games. all of his bookshelves were full of games, so he stored most of his books in the kitchen cabinets. great guy, and we're still good friends.

naturally i played many games during this era, and decided that i liked games with a negotiation/diplomacy component. werewolf and the resistance and games like that can be a little simplistic, but they're really easy to teach and even non-gamers like them. i agree that bang! is a good party game. it's like a more intricate version of the other guess-the-killer games.

a few other negotiation-oriented games that i remember liking were lifeboats, cosmic encounter, and biblios.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/394 ... -encounter
i remember cosmic encounter being especially cool because it involves interplanetary economic negotiation as well as shooting big laser beams at other people's planets. it's somewhat long and elaborate, but without toooo many constant stats to keep track of.

i sort of miss living in a house full of games, because i got to try everything once or twice and then move on. i also liked trolling the very analytical/competitive players with feigned ignorance, erratic decisions, etc.

uames

Postby sknss » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:07 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby jrisk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:16 pm

My brother is a board game nut and he sent this game for my birthday. it's very fun and easy to pick up. Good party game, you'll rule at this game if you know how your friends think.

jrisk

Return to Care