Raf Simons S/S16

Runway & Lookbooks

Raf Simons S/S16

Postby station » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Personally a fan of a lot of the outerwear paired with slimmer pants and a couple of the bell bottom fits. I also like the hoods, it seems like they're attached to some of the shirts, hoping they make it to production. I understand the commentary in the cropped sweaters, but because the sleeves are also shortened, it looks like they just accidently stuck something in the dryer. I'd like to see someone size up 2,3x on them and pair it with the baggier fits in this. Interested in other opinions!

station

Re: Raf Simons S/S16

Postby alby » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 pm

love the chains hope they make it to production

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Re: Raf Simons S/S16

Postby Syeknom » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am

His stance for the wave can't be overlooked - it's so bold and confident. Legs akimbo like a conquerer claiming the land. Feet pointing in different directions as if to challenge the whole room for dominance. Even his wave has a strong, declarative essence. This isn't a timid or thankful wave, but an exclaimation of strength and power.

I really love the shapes and forms for this collection (those high sihelloutes are terrific), and the designs of the outerwear. The jumper cuts are oustanding too - good flintstone for me to wear my rather cropped Raf jumper (not the pink one).

The colour scheme of this collection makes me think of Burberry or Dries - none of those really vibrant strong hues that I associate with Raf.

Syeknom

Return to Seasonal Collections