[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby ramseames » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:43 pm

ramseames

Postby jujumaster » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:19 pm

Grailed is where regrettable purchases go to die.

jujumaster

Postby rublev » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:35 pm

would anyone be interested in buying a schneider knit from two winters ago? i'm kinda allergic to mohair so every time i go close to it i think 'nope', but i've held onto it 'cos it's nice. gotta move it on now tho, i think. it's the blue one with kinda patches of difference shades. A+ condition "with tags". i'll take photos fyi. will prob ebay it but care-taggers first etc.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Copeland » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:59 am

Does anyone else get Christopher Shannon, Christopher Kane, and Christopher Raeburn mixed up? From a non-Brit.

Copeland

Postby maj » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:26 pm

I only try to remember the good one

maj

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:11 pm

ramseames

Postby Copeland » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:19 pm

But why would he go to a dead 90's American label when he was at Dior.

Copeland

Postby bels » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Apparently he gets FULL creative control at CK, wheras at Dior there were parts of the brand (I guess advertising, branding, etc) that he didn't control.

@rams I think you're wrong, Raf and Jlaw are besties:

(pic i think predates raf at dior)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:43 am

i think theres more overlap between ckc and raf than you might immediately think. weird lux synthetic fabrics, structured garments, and similar shapes.

i LOVE ckc so hopefully this is cute.

can-

Postby bels » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:44 am

You love anything you can get for 70% off in XXL

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 pm

which one? kinda want the waves but also...not sure. stripes are nice too. also these might be horrible.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby nevergreen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 am

nevergreen

Postby bels » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:33 am

http://www.theindustrylondon.com/patric ... -clothing/

Sell your water resistant made in England harringtons on eBay Patrick. Go on. See if I care.

Approaching peak bela here.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Copeland » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 pm

blatant pandering but is wearing a big piece of leather, weird? Sneakers, dress shoes, leather jackets. From a non-vegan/animal rights perspective, still seems weird. Flyknits are more comfortable than any leather sneaker, tech jackets are more practical than leather outerwear. Outside of tradition, leather seems a strange material to fetishize.

Edit: That's true, leather ages unlike any other fabric, but that's also a little weird as the satisfaction is out of owning something living.

Copeland

Postby adiabatic » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:15 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:22 pm

I disagree with that statement, there is nothing "weird" about deriving satisfaction from how some objects age.

"Weird" implies some sort of absolute cultural norm, which I think is a pretty destructive perspective--I'd much rather use something akin to "different." Allow me to explain:
Aging objects is something that is cherished in many cultures (even some western ones). The very idea of impermanence is central to Zen Buddhism, and arises in an object context through the philosophy of "sabi," which I'm sure many people are familiar with (the sabi half of wabi-sabi). It is not so much the object itself that is cherished as so much how the object changes with age, it is a perfect reminder of the ephemeral quality of life that Zen Buddhism embraces. Even materials other than leather are very much cherished. Jade, for example. The value of jade (also known as a "living" stone) is partially due to because of how it changes color over time. Cast iron, ceramic, paper, wood, brass, silver, gold-- these are all materials that are valuable to people because of how they age. Aging objects tell rich and illustrious stories.

As I understand, the idea of an aging object is particularly strange for you. I think some difference in opinion arises from a more fundamental perspective about impermanence, so I accept that the satisfaction of seeing something age is different. I, however, am not a fan of the language used to describe that feeling! I don't mean this as an attack in any way but I just don't like how that phrasing comes about.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby adiabatic » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:46 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby Copeland » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Instead of "weird," I should've used "strange" to erase the negative/normative connotation. I see the satisfaction with owning leather, I like the patina on my wallet and that CPs mold themselves to my feet. The strangeness simply comes from having never reflected on how different leather is from other materials and having always accepted its use as a fashion norm. It's been used to make clothing for all of human civilization, but out of what's available now, leather rarely seems to be the most practical or effective material, in particular for sneakers and outerwear. Not considering its luxury status, there seems to be little reason to own leather unless for purely aesthetic reasons and considering that it's expensive. And again, owning leather for its cultural status or associated craftsmanship is understandable, I get that it's nice, even though I'm not into the subcultures of goodyear welts, full-grain, cordovan, etc. There's a lot of knowledge and discernment for leather, but I've honestly never found any of it to matter or make any practical difference in my experience; e.g. older season RO uses shitty leather, so and so dress shoe uses corrected grain instead of full grain, etc. This is separate from veganism/animal cruelty as I still like my wool sweaters and coats.

This is all highly biased and probably without a point, but I basically realized that I default to flyknits more often and not, and that vegan ramones have been the only "baller" sneaker I've worn consistently out of the box cuz I like waxed canvas better than the leather version. Strongly thinking of never copping leather sneakers again as I hate breaking in stuff on my feet and they're never going to be as comfortable as flyknits. I used to think leather jackets are awesome but now I don't see the point of getting one having owned Veilance/tech stuff.

Copeland

Postby Morlin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Is there a word for jeans with a self edge that's nearly the same color as the outside? Like most black jeans () but with blue washes etc

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby bleeker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 pm

3sixteen uses a fabric they call "shadow selvedge" for different cuts of their jeans. It has a black weft and indigo warp so it's dark on both sides of the fabric. Supposedly it fades to a dark blue over time... I don't know much else though.
http://www.3sixteen.com/collections/den ... selvedge-1

bleeker

Postby yourdad » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:22 am

Shadow selvedge fades to a fairly bright blue in comparison to the rest of the denim, almost an electric blue. Definitely one of the key reasons a lot of people buy them, myself included. The contrast after a while looks really nice.

yourdad

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:03 am

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:31 am

What's the matter now pirx. Do you not want it getting out that you like e tautz?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:43 am

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby adiabatic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

I’ve come to appreciate mid-2010s slim-fit shorts in modern fabrics, but this floor vent I’m standing over would cool me much more effectively if I were wearing my early-2000s shorts with wide leg openings

adiabatic

Postby rublev » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:44 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby jujumaster » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:16 pm

This current trend for ridiculously priced vintage band tees needs to fuck right off.

jujumaster

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:21 am

vintage rock tees were the logical next step for the supreme/FoG crowd – "cool" and "edgy" while still aesthetically bland, can be resold for 15x retail, wear and tear accepted because it makes it more "authentic"

my friend wants to buy some more on the justification that he can "resell them for more after a while"???? like what? you've been into fashion since before jerry lorenzo was poppin, do you not see that this is a trend

i wonder how punk/metal fans feel seeing lil yachty fans wearing the iron maiden shirts they were shoved into lockers for wearing back in 1985

e: yeah that's what i'm saying, 2 different groups. tryna throw a shot abt how none of these memeteens w 30yo tshirts on do it for the love of the band

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 am

there's a moment in travis scott's nardwuar interview where he gets given this album

and he knows of it because he wore a tee with it on it in one of his videos

and then when asked about metal in general says "I never really got into it because it was super hard to listen to"

was on the nomad site looking at new bird on the weekend and saw they got a couple dozen of those lorenzo tees in and sold through them all, presumably for $1-300 each

on the other hand I saw maiden alone a few months ago and enjoyed myself but sorta in spite of the crowd, so I don't really feel like metal culture being ransacked by kids who own raf adidas is that much of a tragedy

ramseames

Postby trasparenti » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 pm

I was in July's Men's Non-no!

sorry for awful picture but here's a little blurry me.

I'm returning to America soon sadly but I'll try to get a bunch of magazine scans once I return.

also cuz I haven't been on in a little while... no cop begins now. one of the reasons I'm not too miserable about not staying here longer is because I can and will spend every cent I make and then some. If I had iron willpower I could do it but the combination of all the imports and exclusive items, original brands, and one of the liveliest secondhand markets in the world makes for a dangerous combo. I'll be back sooner or later though

Last edited by trasparenti on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

PreviousNext

Return to Tags